Multifix A on South bend Heavy 10?

Lucas E

Registered
Registered
I'm looking at quick change tool posts for my 1959 South Bend 10L. I leaning heavily towards ordering an AXA brand multifix size A from Germany. Does anyone have one of these on a Heavy 10? I'm mostly concerned about how well the tools align with the center of the stock. I don't want to be all the way towards one end of the adjustment for tool height or have to make a spacer.

Any input or pictures would be appreciated as its going to be very expensive and I only want to do it once.

According to the SB documentation, the distance from the compound rest top and spindle centerline is 1 1/32". Call it 26mm. What are the Multifix specs for tool height?

According to the SB documentation, the distance from the compound rest top and spindle centerline is 1 1/32". Call it 26mm. What are the Multifix specs for tool height?
Edit: I think I figured it out. It looks like if I use the 16 mm tool holder with a 16mm tool the center height will be right at 26mm. I guess I'll need to see how much adjustment they have to see where I'll be at with a 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" tool.

They show tool height dimensions down to 8mm, so I'm guessing it has enough adjustment to get the tool height for a 3/8" tool up to center line. Although I'm guessing 1/4" tools are out of the question. Can anyone verify this?

Attachments

• 1126-AXA--Schnellwechsel-Stahlhalter-Kopf--K11---M_1.jpg
    1126-AXA--Schnellwechsel-Stahlhalter-Kopf--K11---M_1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 12
  • 1126-AXA--Schnellwechsel-Stahlhalter-Kopf--K11---M_2.jpg
    1126-AXA--Schnellwechsel-Stahlhalter-Kopf--K11---M_2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back