Multifix toolpost on Logan 2500 series

Headrc

Registered
Registered
Has anyone here put a Multifix toolpost on your Logan 2500 series 12" lathe? If so what size did you go with? Thanks, Richard

The A series is intended for a lathe up to 12" swing. Personal I prefer the Aloris tool post design. One of the lathes at McGill university had one of these 40 position tool posts, didn't like that if you swiftly toss in a tool holder, there is a chance that you may lock in the tool holder one step at an angle.
Not sure how much you trust this supplier. https://www.amazon.com/Position-Quick-Change-Various-Swing/dp/B01ABWTI72?th=1

Thanks ....I ask because of the instructions on measurement for the Multifix ....seems like what my 12" might be between the A and E sizing. That is if I understand the measurement requirements properly. This is the first negative I have heard on the Multifix.

Thanks for that link ....wow that is certainly cheap for a Multifix type holder. And it looks like I might end up being the guinea pig ...since there are no reviews. One question since you are familiar with them ....is it just a matter of a T slot fitting with a bolt through it to mount on the compound slide? Or is it more complicated then that? Thanks again for your help.

I never loosened the tool post on that lathe so I wouldn't know, I presume it's just a cylinder bolted down.

Back