Murphy defeated! an electrical enigma solved.

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
My "rent-a-grunt" and I spend two sessions of 2 hrs a week "organizing" my shops. Well, I recently completed a VFD upgrade on my Harrison M300 13 X 40 lathe. About 2 weeks ago I went to turn on the lathe with no results. "Oh drat poo" (translate please} I said & proceeded to troubleshoot the issue. What with grunt interruptions and robo calls offering to help with student loans I had a time of it with the "where was I' syndrome. Yesterday I started back to square 1 and discovered that the brake limit safety switch was open. Then eureka I discovered the problem. A plastic parts bin had been slid under the brake linkage at the back of the lathe. I removed that bad tooth and were back in business. YAY!

Sometimes its the things that happen when we're away that cause the most problems. (or when we're not looking [what we're doing.])

Probably the most common problem I see with these systems not working is one of the safety switches failing or misaligned. Good job, follow the the wires. :eagerness:

You didn’t defeat Murphy, you merely distracted him. Beware of his law’s corollary…… Murphy’s Law of Sweet Revenge. ;)

Tom

You didn’t defeat Murphy, you merely distracted him. Beware of his law’s corollary…… Murphy’s Law of Sweet Revenge. ;)

Tom

A thing that I fear more is Kavlowski's Law whose primary tenet is "Murphy was an optimist".

Back