music

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Now I know music is a very personal affair and likes and dislikes border upon politics but i found this in a random suggestion from youtube today and just have to share it.
My likes usually roam around the old prog rock bands but this is just downright bloody awesome and should be re released.
Duane Allman & Eric Clapton 1970 studio jam sessions.

Excellent jam session !!
I want a copy fer my shop !!............................ :eagerness:

Thanks for posting. This is indeed downright bloody awesome!!

While it is fraught with terror because of revealing personal likes, I've always loved dual guitar bands. Especially the live albums like the Allman Bro's live double set. Wishbone Ash Live Dates, Little Feat Waiting for Columbus or still my all time fav Quicksilver Messenger Service Happy Trails.

I only get the itch for electric guitar once in a blue moon now but Allan Holdsworth's one album with the Italian band Gong, Espresso seems be the one I jones for. A guitar players guitar player many of the biggies like Eddie Van Halen and others were also big fans. Maybe a little rich for some this is what I think of when we talk about progressive.

Install this

run it then copy the video link, click the "Paste link" button and it auto starts parsing the file, then choose your file type.
I choose mp3, best quality and get just the audio.
There is so much awesome music available that was never played on mainstream radio in its day that is worth while exploring these.
So in that vein here is the worlds first super group.

Gotta love Cream. There was a great documentary on them. I didn't know Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were straight up jazz musicians. I always knew they were not exactly like anybody I'd heard before but I was young and it was the late '60's and I didn't know what I was listening to. Cream, the Who, much later ZZ Top and my man Stevie Ray Vaugn. Power trios.

There was a TON of music that not only didn't make it to the radio, but went totally away when vinyl went away and cd's took over. I'll see your Cream and raise you a Captain Beyond..set the way back to '72( sorry for the abrupt ending).....

Last edited:
Seen your Captain Beyond and covered it with
and a sprinkling of
We can go on forever like this and never run out of the most excellent music and musicians :beer mugs:

All the guys I knew in high school were musicians. I didn't start playing until i left home. So Cream, Airplane/Starship, Greateful Dead, Quicksilver etc. For me music is like travel and when I move through it I have a tendency to be done depending on the genre. For me the R&R kinda died at the end of the 70's and I found jazz, especially Django Reinhart. Yeah it wasn't distorted but the guy changed the world. There were not that many guitarists as fluent as say a horn player in the 20'-30's and the guy tears it up with only two functional fingers on his left hand! When young he got caught in a fire and it made two fingers fused. There are not many movies of him and the recordings of that period were crap but the genius is there. He created what is now called gypsy jazz.

I studied jazz guitar for 10yrs off records and jazz books. Then when in aircraft school I met a guy who was into bluegrass and I jumped from guitar to mandolin and as typical with me went all in and sold my guitar. I started with David Grisman because of his jazz flavored strain he called Dawg music and got more and more traditional ala Bill Monroe. But there are so many astounding mandolinists, here's just one Evan Marshall who plays a really incredibly hard style called duo style. He plays two parts at one time like a finger style guitar player, but it's all with one pic. I think everybody will recognize the piece.

Back