Must Be a Qualified Professional User To Purchase

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
A number of 3M products sold by Amazon have this disclaimer now. Never seen that before. Damn, now I have to get a trained certification so I can buy. :laughing:

Screenshot_20190411-220544.jpg

Intended for Professional/Commercial Use

An industrial, commercial or professional user is a person purchasing for use as part of a company, business, or self-proprietorship that manufactures products or sells services to others and who has formal training, on-the-job experience or professional certification in the performance of job duties.

Professional/commercial products generally include legal disclaimers and material safety data sheets from the manufacturer on the Amazon site and/or in the product packaging. In some cases, you may be asked to verify that you're a professional user and have read the documentation from the manufacturer on the Amazon site before purchase.

:grin: All my cans of Kroil have the same BS written all over the can . We use Knocker Loose in here at work ……………...if they didn't copy Kroil to the T ! :rolleyes:

So it looks as though Amazon is jumping on the bandwagon including MSDS sheets for buyers . Nicefor companies that need them , expensive for home shops .

:grin: All my cans of Kroil have the same BS written all over the can . We use Knocker Loose in here at work ……………...if they didn't copy Kroil to the T ! :rolleyes:

This is what MSC asks when I bought a gallon of cutting fluid a couple of days ago (cause it's chlorinated). Well on their website when I added to cart. Went to pick it up today & they never even ask me, they just put yes in all the fields that prints on the invoice. :D

Screenshot_20190411-223648.jpg

By the time we read all that , we coulda had the job done and been enjoying a cold one ! :encourage:

Do they smell the same? I use Kroil so I'm familiar with the smell but I've never tried the CRC stuff.

No , they don't . I'm an old time Kroil kinda guy and I think that CRC stuff stinks in more ways than one . :) I love the smell of Kroil because I know it's working !! :encourage:

Lol. Ok thanks, I'll keep using Kroil too then. I also like the smell of it. :)

I tell the guys that the Kroil can kreep in a millionth of an inch space . They always ask me how many millionths are just in an inch ? And I just tell them I'm not positively sure , but there's so many its got to be at least a billion or so . :sorry:That's an old one .

Some years back (more than I can remember) I went into a specialty tool store for some .22 cal. Remington nail gun shells. I was told that I would have to pass a test in order to buy them, and they produced a sheet with multiple answer questions from Remington. I filled it out and was awarded a wallet sized card that allowed me to buy them. The card is still in my wallet, and I've never been asked for it since then.

Back