Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

More stuff coming in...

This is all for the DRO

Bluetooth module

ab5f9a46-667f-4224-97e9-123a7f6ca519_zpsmloxbrqe.jpg

How can they make this tablet and sell it for 40.00 is beyond me... Yuriy's software already loaded...looks nice!

979ad559-6dc0-4f15-8971-d5a172c30b35_zpscqnpkq98.jpg

Case (that I will not be able to use since I decided to use a shield and mini usb connectors... ), Aruino Uno unit, Bridge board (shield). resistors... need to find a larger enclosure for all this...

5f23766c-041f-458b-a14b-d6bfe941123d_zpstogsefjr.jpg

f312ceea-47b6-4322-bd13-e72b51aeaba7_zpswi3ziqnb.jpg

Last edited:
This may have already been suggested, but I would add R-8 End Mill holders (3/8, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 ) to the list. Unlike R-8 collets, they have set screws that lock your end mill and keep it from spinning as in a collet. I have used collets with my end mills but they will spin sometimes -- Ruins your collet as well as your day -- Jack

I had ordered a set, before joining the forum, and someone suggested not to use them... so I returned them before they even got here... well, box got here and I already had the return label ready for it... :(

I apologize if I didn’t see you list it. I think a drill chuck is a must have for your mill. I guess one with a R8 mount for starters…Good Luck, Dave.

I apologize if I didn’t see you list it. I think a drill chuck is a must have for your mill. I guess one with a R8 mount for starters…Good Luck, Dave.

One is included with the machine. I might look into getting a keyless chuck instead... but later on...

A few things have started to arrive...

Isn't it fun seeing all your new goodies arrive? <laugh>

If, like me, you don't have access to a parts washer, keep an eye out for any wide-mouthed plastic jars on their way to the trash or recyling. They are useful to wash anything like tee-nuts and step clamps that arrive with that nasty heavy grease all over them (and usually about a half pound of grit, dirt, and heaven knows what else). I just throw 'em in a jar and cover them in mineral spirits. Swish 'em around for a bit, then use a large funnel with paper towel or a coffee filter inside to slowly pour the used mineral spirits back into another container. I've reused the same gallon container of mineral spirits for a few years this way.

My wife can only shake her head, but I rarely let things like toothbrushes, plastic containers, or kitchen implements (strainers, tongs, spatulas) make their way to the trash.

Have fun!
--
Rex

Dave, not sure I know which one you are recommending... there are slotted and slotted all the way through.... I will look for photos or videos of these in use to see what they work best on... thank you for the recommendation.

I was thinking about this type from Enco. upload_2015-8-14_18-20-51.png They're in the hot deals catalog and you still get any percent off you have.
This is the clamp I'm referring to. upload_2015-8-14_18-18-56.png Seems they always have one or two sizes on sale.
Dave

You guys are just making me want to buy more stuff I don't need!!!

But don't stop showing off your goodies.....

I was thinking about this type from Enco. They're in the hot deals catalog and you still get any percent off you have.
This is the clamp I'm referring to. Seems they always have one or two sizes on sale.
Dave

I had never seen those clamps. Got it. I tried to order but seem to be having problems with my Enco account... email sent to them to get that fixed. I will order different sizes on the clamps and those slotted angle plates.

Trying to go over what I have order so far and what is pending for delivery... I think that I forgot to order something from the list of recommendations but can't remember what the heck it was...

I had never seen those clamps. Got it. I tried to order but seem to be having problems with my Enco account... email sent to them to get that fixed. I will order different sizes on the clamps and those slotted angle plates.

The site is in a maintenance window right now but check the hot deals. I think page 9 or 10 has a 6 pack of clamps, looks like a good deal. A few pages later is the angle blocks. You might try clearing cookies in your browser. That fixes strange issues on their site at times.
Dave

Back