Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

Most of the stuff arrived today. I will get some material tomorrow to start practicing before I modify the brake caliper.

23fc6ad1-890e-4476-8085-87785cdc465f_zpsrvxzpjz3.jpg

Hey Wachuco is that and Indicol or and Chinese copy?

Last edited:
I need a way to organize all these tools... looks like I will be spending time reorganizing the tools box to divide the tools by the type of use. Maybe get a collet holder as well...

Almost ready to make a mess!!! Hehehe

5a1b3ad4-8d2d-4907-a29b-7d3d2fccdc45_zpsukevv5uz.jpg

Coolidge, thank you for that. I do not see anyway around it... I can't fit anything more in what I have... I will replace this one

01f9d961-cdb8-4ed1-83c5-c98d4b317407_zps3fbh4bgp.jpg

with the one you posted... thank you!

On other news... the keyless chuck arrived. What a difference! Now we are talking. This thing turns true... I will later measure runout, but in the one that came with the machine I could see it all over the place... not this one!

It is not made in the USA....but for my first chuck, it will do... got it from Amazon

256a1cee-7064-48e7-86e8-d64617158a88_zpsdcwzyivb.jpg

d2621bbf-bc9a-4a99-abe6-953525d81aa1_zpse4uyebsi.jpg

02d7d6a2-f734-43c5-a6fc-c6f3721c68fe_zpswcoctoae.jpg

Looks like a decent deal on that drill chuck.

I got the same hole gauge set as the one you got from Enco. I found it a bit sticky to use. I ended up disassembling, cleaning, and de-burring them. It is a bit fussy and the ends are spring loaded. I did it in the cover of a cardboard shoe box to avoid losing pieces. I also hand twisted an appropriate size drill through the handle and the "T" end and lightly oiled all the internal parts.

They work much better now.

$399 at Costco, that's a smoking hot deal for what you get. Includes roller guides, nice quality swivel casters (2 of them lock), drawer liners for all drawers plus you get extra solid wood bench top space.

Non of the local Costco had them in stock. I was told that they sold those quickly. Still available online with an additional 100.00 shipping charge. Even looking around for comparable units, seems like a great deal. Let me consult with the CFO... :)

Looks like a decent deal on that drill chuck.

I got the same hole gauge set as the one you got from Enco. I found it a bit sticky to use. I ended up disassembling, cleaning, and de-burring them. It is a bit fussy and the ends are spring loaded. I did it in the cover of a cardboard shoe box to avoid losing pieces. I also hand twisted an appropriate size drill through the handle and the "T" end and lightly oiled all the internal parts.

They work much better now.

Seems to work fine. I will get a smaller one, as suggested in the other thread, since this one takes a lot of space. But again, for what I am doing so far (learning), it should work well.

Thank you on the suggestion on the gauges. I will clean them as well. Already had the pleasure of learning why you are not supposed to unscrew them completely :congratulate:.

Vendor that I am getting the vise from sent me the wrong one... back it went and waiting for the correct one to be delivered...

Got this:

_12%201_zps3uur50v6.jpg

When I ordered this:

_12_zpsofe7wccu.jpg

Back