My 1340 has arrived!

I took some of the wood off for the shipping crate to be able to expose the machine in its full glory. It looks like a real beautiful machine from what I can tell. I did go for an upgrade on the chuck to Chandon 3 jaw set thru. Have a couple small issues, they were supposed to send the micro stop the mark and they included in the crate but they did not include the Hitachi VFD. I’m wondering if it is possible that the shipping department confused what part should’ve went where. I’ve already sent an email to them and I am sure they’ll fix the situation ASAP.

Here is a picture of the little beauty out of the crate. The next fun job will be getting it off the pallet and onto the stand. An event I am not particularly looking forward to. But I know it’s been done many times before and it’s just something that I will have to do.

View attachment 294496

Take your time so you do everything to the base pieces before mounting lathe top. i.e. I would have poured concrete in the bottom of the bases and put a piece of steel between the chip tray and lathe for my install. I did mill the 6 pads that came with the lathe since they were crude iron castings.

Back