My 1st attempt at machining and building a steam engine.

Joe P.

Registered
Registered
While I was recovering from shoulder surgery earlier this year, I came across Mr. Pete 222 and TinkerJohn on YouTube. I found their videos on building model steam engines very interesting and decided to give it try. I chose the PM Research #3 horizontal engine bronze and iron casting kit. I documented the machining process on video and posted it on YouTube. Most everything involved in the machining I learned from YouTube. I admit I made a few minor mistakes that didn't affect the outcome of the engine, but I learned quite a bit and I am looking forward to building another engine soon. If anyone is interested, the videos can be found here, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3EdvTvwbAmR7Pe-suLnDOCGaVUdVwy0g

Last edited:

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hey, nice job Joe! I can't see any of those mistakes you speak of from here, and the thing sure runs nice too. I like those little engines -- have yet to build one myself but maybe someday.

Once again, well done and I look forward to seeing your next effort.

-frank

Sleddog

Registered
Registered
Nice running Engine Joe.
Like you I've watched MR Petes videos too. I've built a couple of his engines along with a PM Research #2. I'm in the process of finishing my 1st IC engine.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock