- Sep 15, 2017
I've spent some time, off and on, over the last week cleaning, lubing, painting and reassembling my 6913 lathe. I have to re-attach the gear chart and some badges. I took the vari speed components completely off because I don't have all the parts, parts are expensive and I have the VFD for controlling speed. I now have a handy spot to put my cutting oil, lubes, coffee or what have you. I painted the webbing red to add some color. I mixed Rustoleum leather brown, forest green (1/2 cup each) and a quart of smoke grey and came up with an almost perfect match with the original color of the lathe. It is a little darker than original, but when viewing live it has a hint of the green and brown undertones.