My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Well instead of a floor jack I used my roll around cart and just lowered the car down and fought the bumper into place sort of. The fit is crap, low on one side, high on the other. The bumper brackets have been hacked up with a torch by someone in the past. It's on there, but not all that happy with it. But it will be a daily driver, so I need to stop being so picky about stuff.

Ordered some new park light lenses tonight. They look different that what I have. Hopefully they fit.
20211111_171041.jpg

It looks like the splash pan (grey) is covering the very lowest edge of the grill. I guess that is what solved the problem from a few days ago.

It looks good to me.

Yes that's it exactly. Someone put a chrome strip on the bottom of the grille where the filler panel was supposed to go, and cut the filler panel below the grille.. The chrome piece was beat up, but so is the rest of the car so didn't think anything of it. After taking with several people on a nova web site I go to we figured out what was going on and it made sense after that.

Gonna see if my wife can help me put the hood on this weekend. I don't have a lot left to do. Need to get the RH front seat mounted, put the carpet in, seats in, figure out how to mount the rear speakers and amp. The package tray doesn't have holes for speakers. With the rear window in there isn't much room to work on cutting the holes. I'm mounting the speakers below the tray. Got a nice looking package tray cover that has speaker holes in it and is covered with black mesh. I hate the look of wedge speaker boxes, or speaker grilles showing. I'm not even putting a radio in it. I've got a blue tooth module that hooks to my amp and I use my phone to supply the tunes.

I still have to trailer it to a line up shop, and to Olympia for exhaust. The exhaust shop doesn't have any openings until Christmas time.

Last edited:
The fit is crap, low on one side, high on the other.

I don't see it!
When I look at the gap between the headlights and bumper it looks the same on both sides.

-brino

I don't see it!
When I look at the gap between the headlights and bumper it looks the same on both sides.

-brino
Well it's hard to see in the pic. The gap is off, the height is different side to side and I've not been able to forcce it into a better position. But it is a 51 year old car and lived a hard life. And, I'm picky and want everything to be perfect, but this isn't going to be a Dave Kendig car by any means. It's a "old man in his garage" car.

Ok, I know it's not friday, but just pretend it is and it's front end friday.

Got the hood on, gaps suck and I'm out of adjustment. And I found the hood has a dented corner. Not much I can do about it.

Also got my splash shields in.

20211121_144657.jpg20211121_144357.jpg

splash sheild.jpg

Last edited:
That looks freakin' great!

-brino

Thanks brino, I appreciate your saying that. Gives me incentive to get more done.

I am disappointed in the gaps. I watch shows like *****in rides and fantomworks and they are always taking about the gaps being even. I've pushed, pulled, pried and it's the best I can get.

And my right hood hinge has to be pushed down after closing the hood. I've lubed the pivot points on it but it didn't help. But, it's a driver.

Next is trying to get the speakers installed in the rear package shelf along with the amp and the bluetooth module Then getting the right front seat mounted, and then put the carpet and all the seats in. Probably should put the trunk lid back on I guess ;)

Gaps were not even from the factory so you have done it right.

Thanks, still wish it was better. Can't get the hood to come down without pushing. Will work on that. Found a how to on how to adjust the hood, unfortuantely I already tried all that.

Well as they say on facebook, it's motor monday. And I finally gave into to the dark side, put some chrome on it. The top radiator support was trashed so got a chrome one for it Same price as a black one.
20211122_152134.jpg

Back