My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Well bit of an update.

I had an autometer electric temp gauge installed and no matter what I did the needle just bounced around. So I bought a another autometer manual gauge. Got it on ebay and the guy sent me an electric one, and I complained and he sent me the manual one I paid for. Both of them new, so I sold the electric one for $60. Initially paid $80, so ended up with the one I wanted for $20.

I decided to order a pypes x-pipe exhaust system and not take it to Olympia to be done. This will save me about $1000. Kit was supposed to be delivered on 12-27 by fedx.

I'm still waiting for it.

Here s the tracking info on the shipment. I'll let it speak for me. Suffice to say I'm never using fedx again.

Thursday

January

Out For Delivery

• Jan 6
    1:29 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 6
    1:21 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 5
    4:17 PM

Arrived at FedEx location
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 5
    2:19 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 5
    2:16 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 4
    4:17 PM

Weather Delay
    Local weather delay - Delivery not attempted
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 4
    4:14 PM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 4
    2:44 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 4
    2:41 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 3
    10:36 PM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 3
    1:27 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 3
    1:25 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 2
    7:34 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 2
    2:07 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 2
    1:59 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Jan 1
    8:07 PM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 31
    5:54 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 30
    4:37 PM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 30
    2:33 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 30
    2:31 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 29
    5:13 PM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 29

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 29

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 27
    6:14 AM

PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 27
    6:12 AM

At local FedEx facility
    PORTLAND, OR
  • Dec 27
    1:00 AM

Departed FedEx location
    TROUTDALE, OR
  • Dec 26
    5:47 PM

TROUTDALE, OR
  • Dec 22
    11:25 AM

Departed FedEx location
    FORT WORTH, TX
  • Dec 22
    5:38 AM

FORT WORTH, TX
  • Dec 21
    11:43 PM

Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Dec 21

Picked up
    FORT WORTH, TX

That was a long read :)
I've heard the race pros have a good sound.

I don't know what mufflers the kit from summit has. You really don't get a choice of mufflers like you do if you buy from pypes directly and pay for shipping.

From Texas to Oregon in the same day, but then out for every milk run since with NO delivery?
Your exhaust system needs it's own trip-o-meter!

If you do eventually get it be sure to check it over really well.
With that much travel (and handling; likely moved between vehicles multiple times) it could have seen some abuse and even worn-thru the packaging!

Hopefully there are no big, awkward, poorly packed bits that arrive out of shape.... you don't need that added problem.

Brian

The Fedex tracking program is all but useless. I ordered some parts for a model train early in November. The seller shipped them Fedex with a "guaranteed" delivery time of 4 days. I kept getting bogus update notices. One December 6th I got an update that said it was out for delivery on the 5th. This sequence happened 3 more times in that I would get a notice that the package was out for delivery the day before the notice was posted.

I contacted the seller on several occasions and was finally to the point of opening a case with PayPal when the package finally arrived almost 4 weeks later. For some reason Fedex had dropped it off at the local Post Office for final delivery. I've had far better service from UPS and USPS than from Fedex.

Well its supposedly out for delivery again today. If it ever does get here and it's actually been loaded and unloaded that many times there won't be much left of it. It's a 60lb box. Thankfully summit understood my frustration and shipped out a second kit by UPS due on the 11th. I know a $500 kit isn't much to them, but if it was me that shipped it out I wouldn't be so understanding and send another part because of incompetence of the shipping service.

If I get a weather delay notice today I might believe it. We have a lot of flooding here, and my shop is flooded, roads everywhere flooded. I was standing in 1" of water yesterday working on customer transmission housings on my manual mill yesterday. It's rained so much it overcame the ability of my sump pump to move the water out of the ditch behind my shop. I have standing water everywhere . Thought about getting a second pump, but no where for the water to go. Initially when my shop flooded last week I thought I lost another pump, but realized that the pump won't work without electricity. Overnight with no power it flooded.

Well time to call fedx again. I call them daily now. I love to hear their excuses.

Screenshot_20220107-075335_Firefox.jpg

Ask the FedEx rep if your route driver is working on a 70 Nova restmod project. :bawling:

Glad to read that Summit is trying to solve the problem.

Ask the FedEx rep if your route driver is working on a 70 Nova restmod project. :bawling:

Glad to read that Summit is trying to solve the problem.
Hmm............good point. The kit will also fit a camaro. :frown:

Just got off the phone again with fedx. Same bs they have told me for the last week, doing an investigation. I told them the investigation was closed 3 days ago when they called and said it was on the truck for delivery and asked if they opened a new investigation? He didn't answer me, or at least what ever he said I couldn't understand him with his extremely heavy accent. I did hear a chicken crowing in the background :dunno: (no joke)

Well will wonders never cease. It finally arrived. Like you said Brian it's beat to crap. So far everything looks good inside, but until I start installing it I won't know. The small parts boxes are split open and scattered all over. I'm sure there are parts missing.

I just called summit and I told them the condition of the shipment and they said just set it aside and wait for the new shipment to come from UPS. They are filing a claim with fedx and if I don't hear from fedx in 2 weeks dispose of the part as I see fit.

So not sure what to do. I guess if they don't want to inspect it I'll see if I can sell the kit. Might get a free exhaust out of this. That would really help with all the frustration I've went through with this.

Aukai

It came with street pro mufflers.

20220107_110041.jpg20220107_110056.jpg

Last edited:
Back