My 70 Nova project (Formerly looking at this mustang)

Yes it seems to be active.

Last edited:
Well with no car and no wiring harness there isn't much I can do on the Nova. I did come up with an idea for some brake line clamps that go over the rear axle. Yes I can by some out of plastic for $10, but I have a CNC mill sitting there wondering why I've not used it in awhile.

I still have to drill and tap it for the clamp bolt, thinking about using a 1/4' x 20 button head allen. That way I don't have to counter bore the clamp for a socket head bolt. I'll use stainless bolts so they don't rust. Then I need decide what the hard line size is to the calipers and dill the hole for those. Probably go with 3/16".

I wonder if anyone would buy them if I put them on Ebay? They run in less than 5 minutes on the mill.

20210110_131124.jpg20210110_131139.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the machining, they look stronger than control arm brackets, better stronger than weeker.

Finished up the clamps and got my brake lines made up. They came out pretty nice. I'll probably just paint the clamps.. If I knew of a small lot anodizing place I'd send them in. Most places I see charge a $40 to $50 lot charge minimum. .

clamp.jpg
clamp2.jpg

Got it up on the lift this morning. Overall satisfied with the work except with the reinforcement to the trans floor pan cross member. Everything has seam sealer on it which is good.

My plans were to bend the " tubing to match the floor and then weld it in as one continuous piece. Well it wasn't done that way. We had discussed how I wanted to have it done. Guess he forgot after 3 months.

Maybe I'm being anal, but I just would have liked it done "cleaner". Other than the shop that will do my exhaust I'm the only one that will see it. I don't dare take it back, I probably won't live long enough for him to fix it.

20210126_094042.jpg
20210126_094216.jpg20210126_094222.jpg

It's too bad about the trans reinforcement because how you wanted it would look best. My guess is they weren't capable of bending tubing to match the floorboard contours. It looks like it will work, though.

I'd go with what Gaffer wrote. The bends at the bottom are fairly tight for tubing without using something inside to support the tube. To be honest, I think that the bent tube option, even if it were feasible, would have come out looking worse. The tube would have splayed and thinned significantly at those bottom two bends. As long as the welds are good, the way it was done will be stronger and once it's painted up it'll look better too.

A mandrel bent MS/CM tube can be made to fit the floor profile. You can see my under trans cross member has a couple of tight bends.

Well it's realty to late now to do anything about it. Strength is the main concern. I told them I can have it bent. We have a CNC bender at my old job. I guess he didn't listen.

My wife and I watch the show about Kendig customs and she just informed me "It's not a Kendig" car". Deal with it and let it go and move on. She wants to drive it in 2021 not 2025.

So, moving on I've been running my mill and working on mounting the hydro boost, ordered my AN6 line fittings for the hydro boost. I like stainless lines and I can make up my own without having to find the right length pre made lines.

Back