• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

My 9×16 slice of the pie

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

yarrrrr

H-M Supporter - Donating Member
H-M Supporter-Donating Member
Hi gang, just thought I would post my little corner of the garage. Had my machines sitting around for a year plus before I was able to frame the room up and get power to them. Only thing left is to hang some welding blankets around the surface grinder and create a grinding area with dust collector.

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Nice shop. Looks like you have pretty much everything you need, and close to hand. Cheers, Mike

yarrrrr

Thank you, quite a compliment coming from someone with a shop like yours!

RandyM

Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Doesn't look like there is much you can not do with that set up. Are you going to leave the machines on the pallets?

Boswell

Hobby Machinist since 2010
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
You got a lot of stuff in a small space and plenty of room to work. Nice!

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
You may want to ground the machines just incase. I can see why you have them in skids but they are designed to set on a hard floor. Years back many shops used wood floors and around the machines they put on sheet steel. I visited the Hardinge plant once and it had bowing alley looking floors and was told they did that just incase someone dropped a part.

yarrrrr

I hear ya. I would like to get them off of the pallets, however - getting them back on is the issue. Once I get my hands on a collapsible gantry, that will be the day I get them properly grounded. Also, the benefits of being able to move stuff in a small space are hard to argue with! I would like to downsize the surface grinder at some point over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]