My 9×16 slice of the pie

Hi gang, just thought I would post my little corner of the garage. Had my machines sitting around for a year plus before I was able to frame the room up and get power to them. Only thing left is to hang some welding blankets around the surface grinder and create a grinding area with dust collector.

Nice shop. Looks like you have pretty much everything you need, and close to hand. Cheers, Mike

Thank you, quite a compliment coming from someone with a shop like yours!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Doesn't look like there is much you can not do with that set up. Are you going to leave the machines on the pallets?

You got a lot of stuff in a small space and plenty of room to work. Nice!

You may want to ground the machines just incase. I can see why you have them in skids but they are designed to set on a hard floor. Years back many shops used wood floors and around the machines they put on sheet steel. I visited the Hardinge plant once and it had bowing alley looking floors and was told they did that just incase someone dropped a part.

I hear ya. I would like to get them off of the pallets, however - getting them back on is the issue. Once I get my hands on a collapsible gantry, that will be the day I get them properly grounded. Also, the benefits of being able to move stuff in a small space are hard to argue with! I would like to downsize the surface grinder at some point over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
I'v got a small space to work in also but I really like having everything close at hand,buy the way I like your surface grinder could you tell me what make and where you got it? thanks Rick

I meant electrically ground the machine if you haven't already, so you don't get electrocuted.

Back