My 9A-#16490 NKR

Got the motor and underdrive unit install yesterday with the help of my oldest Son, Les.
Although the belt I had thought was correct is way too long as can be seen in the pictures.
I am thinking I may have made made a typo by adding another '4' (3440) (5L440) when I ordered the belt and have been told the correct belt is a #3400 (5L400)
This from a fellow that has the same lathe w/original motor and 2 place pulley. Belt is a Truflex brand

Mine is a replacement motor and single place pully.

DSCN7994.JPGDSCN7995.JPGDSCN7994.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN7996.JPG
    DSCN7996.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
@finsruskw

Great progress. I am routing for you (and Les, my sons are amazing help too!)

Everything looks so clean and new.
I can't wait to see some chips.

-brino

Got some detail work done today and also the drive belt fom th motor installed and the motor wired correctly for CW rotation.

DSCN8002.JPG

Just about to wrap things up as soon as I can locate a switch and get it wired up for 220.
However I can still run it by plugging in to 110 w/the cord that came with the motor,.
Still need to locate a live center and a drill chuck for the tail stock.

DSCN8002.JPGDSCN8003.JPGDSCN8010.JPGo

Looks good. I will wait for the "does it run" feedback next. Anticipation!

joe

Here is the new drum switch installed in the cabinet w/o drilling any new holes.
Now to find a tag for the mounting holes.
I know, we got the centering hole a wee bit off on the shaft extension....sigh....

DSCN8047.JPG
But now anther issue has sprung up. It seems the belt adjustment turnbuckle is too long as well as the flat belt.
Turnbuckle has a 4" body and should be 2".
Someone used a hardware store t/buckle and made new screws, LH & RH for it allowing the motor to hang too low causing the belt to rub on the t/buckle mounting lugs......always something!!
I think I can shorten the belt to the correct length but will have to make the correct t/buckle or find a 2" one like what shoiuld be on there.

Here is an original 2" t/buckle
I may have to buy a left hand tap and make one.
I also would like to find a 2 step pulley for the motor as well.

SB turnbuckle.jpg

Back