My 9A-#16490 NKR

I think you have to remove the screw assembly first, and the top slide tilts to one side to lift off over the nut

Kinda what I thought but when I unscrew it all the way out, thinking it would just slide off after clearing the nut, it locks up and binds.

Yes, the back of the top slide runs into the nut, that is why the screw assembly has to be removed so that the top slide can be tilted off with the gib removed. I should think that the gib screws should be a standard thread. SB does not seem to be a company that bastardized things.

Found them on the Illion Industrial sight, size 12 x 28
Ordered a spanner pin wrench to get the nut off and will have to locate a spanner bit to remove the nut on the handle end as well.
Looks like the lead screw will have to come off in order to drop the apron??
Or can I slide the apron off the right side after propping the 1/2 nuts open?

You should be able to slide the apron to the right, off the end of the lead screw, best to put some blocking under it to avoid the screw sagging. If the feed selector is left in the feed position, not in the thread position, there should be no need to "prop them open", they will be locked open.

I dunno, but to these newbie untrained eyes, these apron parts look pretty good to me at least!
Have the casting clean and ready for paint as soon as I get the machined areas masked off.

DSCN7905.JPGDSCN7906.JPGDSCN7907.JPG

Last edited:
Great colour and finish!
-brino

Thanks!
The color is Gloss Smoke Grey, Rustoleum rattle can is all, nothing special.
Thinking about a different color for the base, what say you guys?
Probably disassemble and haul to the sandblaster and have an auto body shop shoot that in automotive paint.

Back