My Atlas QC 54

Those appear to be standard Gits oilers. Replacements should be available from an online supply company like McMaster Carr. I may be wrong, but I don't think wicks are necessary. Sintered bronze bearings (aka "Oillite") 'fill up' with oil and provide a very thin film between the bearing and the rotating shaft. Trash can't get through the bearing; only oil.

Since you are going this far, you may want to pull the motor apart and check the bronze bearings. If they are worn, it should not be difficult to find and install replacements. Otherwise, the only other maintenance item is the start capacitor. If you take it to an electric motor shop, they can check to see if it is still in tolerance. If not, they are inexpensive to replace.

Craig
Thank you for that information. I will look into getting a catalog so I can start shopping for parts. Are those press in oiler cups then?

Also, I called the local motor shop and they only do ball bearings, so the capacitor is the only serviceable part for now. Bummer..... I just scored some more tools so I can hopefully have a better indicator of the machine's wear!

Back