[4]

My Benchmaster Mill (addicted version, rated R)

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Over the past two years I have been collecting small machine tools for my home shop. Holding on to the best of the best machines I could find. I plan to just make models and other small stuff as a hobby. Its just a small 12' x 10' space but with lots of moving things around on paper I can fit most of what I "think" I will need. I am close to setting things up. I just need to do some final touches to the tools before bringing them home. Now that things are almost ready I figured I would share a few pics of the machines I decided on.

BENCHMASTER MILLING MACHINE

Ok, after seeing Rudy K. videos of this machine I turned into a die hard fanboy. I have been hoarding Benchmaster parts for the past two years now. There hard to find, especially east coast since they were made in CA. Still I have been persistent in my search and have managed to acquire 4 whole machines and every piece of tooling except for the power feed attachment. If anyone has a power feed for sale let me know.

I am just going to show pics of the one going in the shop. This one needs a good cleaning but all the dirt preserved the original paint. I made a clean spot by the logo. The tooling in one pic is sitting on top of an original BM stand. Some of the tooling is not BM but I plan on using most of it for this machine and the Boxford shaper. On a side note, when you hear other guys saying the tooling can cost more then the machine, this would be a perfect example of that statement.

Total investment including the 3 other machines and a lot more tooling not pictured: Approx. _______, you really don't want to know!

X4.JPGX5.JPGX6.JPG

X4.JPG X5.JPG X6.JPG

Smudgemo

Active User
Registered
I've got the horizontal setup with a VFD and it's certainly a very nice little machine.

That's an impressive collection of BM stuff. I don't see it in the photo - have you found this accessory yet?

-Ryan

8524223519_078889b41d_k.jpg

8524223519_078889b41d_k.jpg

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Thanks......Oops, I forgot about the little lathe attachment. No, I don't have one yet. -J

countryguy

Active User
Registered
haha LOL. Ummm yes we do! fill in that blank w/ Pride!! _xxxxx.xx___$ Because I am doing it too.... I think all us HM-heads probably are. Fun read.
Nice post! Thanks for sharing.
Jeff.

Total investment including the 3 other machines and a lot more tooling not pictured: Approx. _______, you really don't want to know!

Bishop

Active User
Registered
I'm starting to see a real trend here in the machines you and I buy. I would love to find an over arm support bracket for my horizontal BM

image.jpg

Cheers
Shawn

do ya think if I had a vertical BM the photo would have appeared upright?

image.jpg

drs23

Active User
Registered
I'm starting to see a real trend here in the machines you and I buy. I would love to find an over arm support bracket for my horizontal BM

View attachment 81853

Cheers
Shawn

do ya think if I had a vertical BM the photo would have appeared upright?
I dunno but I sure wish that little glitch fingered out. I get a crick in my neck and my eyes cross...:whacky:

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Country guy, it was so many different buys and there is so much more then what is pictured. Like 1 horizontal head and 3 vertical heads, one being an aftermarket Porter Cable etc etc....north of 6k would be a good guess. Lol, guess I could have bought a Deckel :thinking:

Bishop, The overarm support was the only item I bought on eBay. I just couldnt find one anywhere. Paid 300 for it. Worth every cent, it's a real nicely made part.

Garthd85

Registered
image.jpg Didnt mean to dig this up being an old thread and all but here is my newly full restore Benchmaster Vertical

[6]
[5] [7]