My cell phone in the shop

And my ear gets sore from wearing it.
I wear a Blue Parrot headset at work and in the shop. I tried a lot of prettier and more comfortable looking headsets before I broke down and got one of these clunky things. It looked outdated when I bought the first one in about 2011, and it looked even more outdated when I bought the most recent one, but I keep going out of my way to buy these things, because they WORK, and they're comfortable enough to wear for many long hours.

I mostly listen to news and music on mine. I haven't received a phone call since January 25. It's nice listening to "Comfortably Numb" or "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" playing softly in one ear, while having the other ear free to hear if my feed rate is too fast or what have you.

Hey Ray, and just where are you going to find one of these, what did you call it, a phone booth? :grin:

Kind of makes you wonder where Superman has to go to change. Mike

I intentionally shut the cell phone off when I head to the shop. The last thing I want is to be surprised by a ring or buzz in my pants when trying to hit a critical dimension. Unfortunately there is still a land line in the shop. The nice thing is that I can turn the ringer down to the point it barely makes a noise.

I've had a thing against a phone in the shop since the 2012 presidential election campaign cycle. I was getting 50 or more calls a day either asking for contributions, or singing the praises of some or another candidate.

I just reread all the posts on this thread and only a couple posters don't have cell phones., and only one of them says they aren't interested in having one. You may like your phone on all the time, some of us do not. From what I can determine nearly everyone responding has a cell phone, it's just a matter of when and where they prefer to use it.

We now have a response from person who doesn't care to use a cell phone, and another from one who finds it an invaluable tool. All the others just use them in just a variety of different manners.

While i was on a ride this spring I found a working telephone booth in Hillsgrove Pa.
I just had to stop and take a picture. No cell service anywhere around here.

telephone booth in Hillsgrove Pa.JPG

Back