My condensation management setup worked!

I have on the order of $125 in raw materials in this thing, and I doubt I could shave my costs enough to produce a product people would actually buy. I'm concerned about the liability too. It's all fun and games until something goes wrong and your shop burns down. Then you go looking for someone to sue, or your homeowner's insurance company does. My shop is my problem, but I'm not really keen to make other people's shop my problem. My wife and I had a long talk, and even though there is some interest, it's probably just not worth it in the long run. The more customers I have, the greater the chances that someone is going to play the jerk card. I got sued once for giving a guy $100 for free.
OK, send me $100 and I guarantee that I will not sue you.

Very cool that you have shared this with us we all have this problem or have had please keep us posted

If only i knewcwhat i was doing with this stuff.

If only i knewcwhat i was doing with this stuff.
I admit, I had a lot of random stuff in my background that made it pretty easy for me to dive in and get this to work. I've written a lot of C++, and I've done a lot with MIDI and audio recording. I came up as a programmer back when 64k was the limit of the universe.

The weird thing is I've never been able to get what I consider a real job. I drive a truck for a living, because I'm good at that too, and it pays the bills better than my foreign language degree ever did. I'm extremely burnt out after 20 years, and I don't want to do this for the rest of my life, but I have no idea how to turn whatever potential I have into a career. Lots of people over the years have asked me why I don't do this or that, but nobody has suggested a plan I could figure out. If only I knew what I was doing with this moving and job interviewing stuff.

Now that I'm getting into this machinist stuff, and starting to figure out what everybody was talking about all these years with their "half a thou" and stuff, it makes me think I missed a real opportunity. Then I see they are hiring new CNC machinists with many thousands of dollars of school behind them for $12 an hour. I can make $11 an hour at Walmart as a cashier. I can probably do better than $12 working in the tire shop, and I can definitely do better than $12 driving a truck. So much for being a machinist. It sure is a lot of complicated crap to learn for $12. CAD/CAM and whatever language CNC programs are written in. For $12?! People who work with their hands can't get no respect.

I'm rambling.

I know how you feel i made a lot more money driving truck i still went back to the machine shop with no window the man breathing down your neck waiting on the clock only to find out you are going to stay late to make everyone happy the cnc was fun a real challenge to put out tight tol plus min 0.00025 for long run of parts of expensive material
Nomater what you choose it will beat you down in the end with health problems
Not much fun
Put money away 401 ect be ready for it
Pay as you go
But still live life while you can
I am 55 now have my own tools to make what i want when i want
And i get the money
There's a rant for you have a good day

Nomater what you choose it will beat you down in the end with health problems
That's a fact. I'm already on an alphabet soup of pills at 45, and that won't be getting any better. My hips and knees are shot.

I shot a video when I first got my forge and anvil, and you can literally watch the swelling as my tendon blew out on about the third hammer blow. It took months for that to heal enough to hammer again.

Oh well, I'm glad I took the plunge on all of this stuff while I still have some time to learn and enjoy myself. I like forging knives, and I like machine work. I got the machines to make easier work of guards and pommels, but once you have a lathe and mill, even if they're on the light duty side, you can make a LOT of stuff. Throw in a forge and a little cheap welder, and there are a lot of possibilities. I'm enjoying myself right now.

Thats the spirit and thats my plan as well fun with toys

Im excited to set up my shop i have tons of projects planned my biggest thing will be getting materials now to do this (sigh) i guess it will be a bit longer to realy get going.

Yes i can do a lot with a little but it had to something with nothing like materials

Back