My Craigslist Score!! New Machine!

congratulations, that's a cracking mill you got there. At least you got a vise with it, that should save you a chunk of change. I'd just get the bits you need to as you need them, that should lessen the sticker shock. That and scour eBay and CL daily :)

Mind if I ask how much? Hopefully I'll be in a similar position in a years time or so, so having an idea on prices helps!

congrats! r8 isnt as painful and likemtm said, get it when you need it or when a smoking deal shows up.
one thing i would think about are DROs they are worth the initial expense.

I have been setting mine up (PM25, same as yours but different color) since Christmas. I'm almost done, in that I have it on the tool box, with the DRO installed. Just have to tram in the vise and start making some chips.

I'm really impressed with the machine so far. I'm in a slightly better position in that I have a fair amount of tooling already from my LMS mini-mill setup.

Bill

Congrats on the great find!

Be careful on that tooling up thing.... it's a slippery slope!

Updated Photo... After I got rid of that icky Sheetrock man them T5 Ho lights are bright... I also orderd a DRO for it from thedroshop hope it will be here in a week or so and hope I am here to play and not 1/2 way around the world flying planes. But I will make a video of the install step by step for all to enjoy!

Link to the DRO I Got

My-G0704-Update.jpg

Were you able to find and other type of tooling? Cutters? Vise? Hold down clamps?

Yes, covering up that ugly drywall was a major improvement.

I did not cover up the drywall ripped it all out...

Yea, I am still collecting tooling! The mill came with an acceptable Vice. I got a 25pc collect set in 32nds = found some new old stock Hardinge R8's in 64ths in the size I require for a good price + some metric ones for my reamers and metric drills, clamps, etc. The debit card hemorrhaging prompted visa security to lock my card because i did not get their message over the weekend but got it resolved and the bank account hemorrhage continues!

I do have a question when looking at face mills? I notice the inserts are all over the place in price in general the more expensive facemills the inserts are about 1/2 the cost of the lower cost face mills? any recommendations on a good 2" face mill?

Just an FYI after doing a mockup on the Grizzly G0704 Mill with aluminum strips the Scale Sizes Required.

1, 520MM Scale Over all Scale Length 26.1"

1, 470MM Scale Over all Scale Length 24.1"

1, 170MM Scale Over all Scale Length 12.3"

You Can Follow My Blog About it on My Blog.

Ugh I have been cruising craigslist for a small mill for months :yousuck2:lol just kidding congrats!

Re: My Craigslist Score!! New Machine! Grizzly G0704

My 3 Axis DRO Should be Shipping from The DRO Store on the 10th Singapore time So some time this evening will post the fex-ex tracking number! You can follow the build at My Blog will also be doing an install video on My YouTube Channel.

Back