My Current UPS Saga

I have also had similar problems with UPS. Email saying being delivered tomorrow, then the next day out for delivery, then nothing until I check late in the evening and it shows "In transit". Rinse, repeat the next day. This happens more often than not with UPS shipments. Oddly, FedEx has been perfect but my daughter has the complete opposite situation, with flaky FedEx and perfect UPS and we're in the same city, served from the same warehouse.

Erik's explanation does make sense and I'm fine with that.

But two issues......one, if you scan it at the warehouse and it doesn't make it onto the truck, scan it again so people aren't upset that it never shows up. And two, while I understand Covid has turned everything upside down, these issues were happening to me regularly well back into 2019.

USPS is just about the same,both are good till something comes up missing.Once your luck runs out then your all along,except for your trusty computer to communicate with someone who know's where.All I know is someone has a Aloris AXA tool post and couple holders which pick up at their loss and found( they loss it and they found it) which is in Missouri I think.

Durn! All these stories of merchandise being delivered to random people by all three of the delivery services ... and not once have I gotten something I didn't order. :(

I have bought out of Russia, India, China, USA, Australia and England. Most holdups have been the local post office as all overseas parcels go through them.
Russia is awesome, live tracking in real time with hourly updates! India, well just hope and prey. China generally excellent. I have had one order go missing in 10 years and an E-mail inquiry saw new goods shipped express within a coupe of hours and I had the goods 2 days later. Australia really good, usually 3 to 5 working days although there was one occasion a diff head from Adelaide to the North Shore took 16 hours! That must be some sort of record! BTW that was UPS. USA 50/50 toss up, either super fast to NZ or a month or two of hassles. England straight forward - you will receive your order in three weeks. So far this has been the case.
Locally? I live on the North side of the harbor and it has taken 2 months for an urgent 1-hour delivery to go from one side of the bridge to the other and then float around the local depot for a month, other times that 1-hour urgent has been 20 minutes!

I don't think there is much consistency in the West - anywhere.

I am going for Silverado turbo what would be the best is this the right one if not can someone point me to the right path...

Back