My Dads Shop

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Here's some pictures of my dads little shop in the mountains of North Carolina. He's a classic hoarder (& the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) My dad has piddled in all kinds of wood working but I think his best talent has been carving. Here's some pictures of his little paradise.

Unfortunately it is a very big problem with him & my mom as he needs to get rid of some stuff so they can move into possibly an assisted living home. I know he needs to keep some of it but he thinks he needs and can keep it all. Big problem.

Dads Shop (1).JPG Dads Shop (2).JPG Dads Shop (3).JPG Dads Shop (4).JPG Dads Shop (5).JPG Dads Shop (6).JPG Dads Shop (7).JPG Dads Shop (8).JPG Dads Shop (9).JPG dads shop (10).JPG dads shop (11).JPG

This is a supper cool shop. Only years of work can produce this kind of wonderland.

Jeff

PS why wouldn't there the a beaver stole next to the fire extinguisher? :)

if that's hoarding, i have a real problem then...:lmao:

Great shop, the stories it could tell....

I hope the best for all of your family!
mike:))

I LOVE that place! It kills me that he has to move away from a lot of it. I am sure that is hard.
I wish them luck figuring it all out.

I love the beaver pelt, and I love not knowing why it's there! :)

Thats the problem with doing something that you love. Someone always comes along and puts a stop to it! :))

It's going to take me another 20 years to get my shop looking like that. Then it will it will be time to move to a smaller one.

Good luck sorting it out. Start with small stuff first, it won't look so bad.

Stan

Charlie,
Is it not possible for you to "down size" your dads shop a bit, & take some of it to your place &when the old fellow comes to see you at vacation times he still sees a bit of his shop it will be a comfort to him, The loss of his shop completely is a fearful wrench, I do not know how I will feel when that horrible day arrives

Solid trees have deep roots, and yield good apples.
Yes, it will be difficult to uproot him.
However, for all things there is a season.

If there are items you don't know the history on, perhaps he will still remember.
Perhaps.....

Charlie,

Wow, that is one cool looking place - both outside and inside! I would love to have something like that. Good luck with your folks. This point in their lives is not easy for them our you. Enjoy them while you can.

Steve

Back