My Dalton Lathe Restoration

Looks like you have put a lot of time into your lathe . It looks good .
Thank you. I dismantled it last year and cleaned and painted the parts and have been reassembling and making any parts that need replaced. I intend to use it as a second lathe and for threading.

Looks like a nice lathe Mark. What is the vintage of that one? Mike

Looks like a nice lathe Mark. What is the vintage of that one? Mike
The teens to the1920's. The Dalton Company failed in the 29 stock market crash. I did know the year on this one but have forgotten. I think it is late teens or very early twenties.

Mark, nice job on your restoration. Dennis Turk, leader of the 'Dalton Gang' over on the Dalton Yahoo Group list might be able to pinpoint the date of production for your lathe, based on your serial number. Dennis maintains a database of known Dalton lathes and is a wealth of knowledge about them.

Glenn

Mark, nice job on your restoration. Dennis Turk, leader of the 'Dalton Gang' over on the Dalton Yahoo Group list might be able to pinpoint the date of production for your lathe, based on your serial number. Dennis maintains a database of known Dalton lathes and is a wealth of knowledge about them.

Glenn
I have dealt with Dennis several times over the years. Great guy. I just emailed him because I will be selling the Dalton lathe to make more room in my shop. We did research it once and I think 1914 is about the year.

Back