My Estate Sale Mill

papermaker,

First I want to agree that you suck! Then I want to say it looks like you got a great machine deal.

Was that local sell and swap booklet the Uncle Henrys for your area? Or do you want to keep it a secret?

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

That's correct Benny! Good old "Uncle Henry's"

grrrrrr :goodjob2:

I guess I need to pay more attention to uncle henry's
on a side note, I used to live just down the street from THE uncle henry in spruce head, nice guy.

grrrrrr :goodjob2:

I guess I need to pay more attention to uncle henry's
on a side note, I used to live just down the street from THE uncle henry in spruce head, nice guy.

Spruce Head is near Rockland right? I just checked out your web site. Interesting. The M-1 Garand caught my eye. I had a friend that collected M-1 Garands up until he died in a boating accident. The estate sold off his collection and a guy in Windsor bought several of these. I managed to get one from his collection to remember him by. It's a nice H&R although what I really wanted was an International Harvester. That one got sold earlier I guess.
As far as the milling machine goes I got very lucky on that. Normally I don't do much with Uncle Henry's...more of a Craigslist type.
Anyway the ad just said "milling machine, surface grinder and lathe" with a phone number. Ended up being near Skowhegan. What I was expecting was another beat to death Bridgeport. Well I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. If I had had more cash I would have bought all 3 . The surface grinder wasn't much but I had a huge Brown and Sharp magnetic chuck that was worth what they were asking for the whole thing. The lathe was a really nice Logan that my brother bought and resold.
There was an older Bridgeport Mill and a South Bend lathe that had sold earlier. Apparently the the deceased owner had made motorcycle engines for drag bikes.
Anyway keep an eye on "Uncle Henry" there are good buys to be had.. Just need to find them.

yup, spruce head, tenants harbor and port clyde are part of st george, down the pennisula between rockland and thomaston.
IH M1 Garands are worth their weight in gold, too bad you couldn't snag it.

Back