My first mill- and I can't help BUT laugh!

So, when are you going to bring it home so you can post your own pics? We want to see it in your shop/ garage.
If you found it on CL I'm sure others have too

So, when are you going to bring it home so you can post your own pics? We want to see it in your shop/ garage.
If you found it on CL I'm sure others have too
Yeah, no pics, it never happened... ;)

I agree guys, no pics of it in my shop then it didn't happen.

Which for right now is the case. I just don't have the money for something like this right now. I already have my Grizzly G0704, my Atlas horizontal mill, and my Atlas Craftsman 12" Lathe in my shop. I have been busy making parts on the Grizzly, and cleaning up the lathe. The Atlas horizontal mill is done, rebuilt and waiting for me to buy a vise so I can see it cut some metal. Even if I did I would still have the problem of getting it on my trailer and back to the shop unloading it and setting it up. Plus after thinking about it for a while, I don't have 220v in my shop. So I would have to buy a VFD or whatever you call them to run it.

Trust me, I really wanted to buy it. I talked to the guy selling it, and he said that it was made in 1980. That he didn't know much about machining, but did say that the XY and Z axis had practically no backlash on the handles. Said the ways were in good condition and that the motor made on funny noises.

The guy still has it for sale though, reason why is that he doesn't have it listed correctly on Craigslist. So if you know anyone that might be interested in this mill and lives in the DFW area of Texas. Let me know and I will give the person the link to where it's at.

No pics yet. Machine is still OUTSIDE the shop, :(, but well covered. Waiting for my formerly talented carpenter self to finish the build on the shelving required to create the space needed. "SPACE- the final frontier!" LOL. Rest assured, I want it in, cleaned and spinning ASAP:big grin:. I felt the season FALL fall here yesterday, and the mill sitting outside spoke to me clearly, and it's tone was urgent:eek:

Just think of all the tools we could have if we had the SPACE!!

What exactly are we talking about now? Something to do with having enough space in our shops for machines and tooling?

Yep, See post 15 by the OP

Oh, I get it now. Westerner finally got his Millrite milling machine home. But has no place to put it in his shop. Well good for you Westerner, just keep it oiled and covered so you don't have to worry about rust.

Can't wait until you post some pictures of your new machine!!!

Back