My first mill- and I can't help BUT laugh!

Congrats on getting it in the shop. The hard part is done now the fun begins!!
Looks like a good solid machine.

Even if I got another mill, I would keep my millrite for a second pops machine.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I am on my second Millrite. Very nice machines for a home shop...

Bob, did you wear the first one out, still have it, or trade the ole gal for a newer model?

It was my first mill, and was quite worn and tired. I found a great deal on a NOS Millrite from 1965 which had NEVER been used, new machine, though dusty, dirty, and in big need of a cleanup. The old machine had a 8x36" table, and a nodding head. The new machine has a 8x32" table and a swivel only head, but it is much more rigid than the previous one was. Might be because it is new, or from the lack of the nodding head. Regardless, it is WAY better than the previous Millrite was. I have added a Servo power feed to the machine, and I have no need for anything more...

I'm new to machines but that Millrite looks like a very stout machine.
I plan to add at least an X power feed to mine someday soon.

First pic is what the shop looks like as I make space. 3rd pic is where the mill will end up. I am blessed, I know! Much bigger shop than many (24 x 28). I think most of us could fill a football field with

Reactions: Z2V
Congrats on getting it in the shop. The hard part is done now the fun begins!!
Looks like a good solid machine.
Thanks. I beg to differ on the "hard" part, tho. My neighbor has a fine old backhoe, just 75 yards away! The HARD part is the shop remodel to make room. Also hard to decide what stays in the shop, and what moves to the new outside (but covered and secure) storage area. But the hardest of all surely must be "do I really need to keep this thing....? How 'bout this OTHER thing?" I am not a hoarder, but I DO have some stuff....Ever heard the "collector's" definition of "stuff"- You take it with you thru 3 moves, otherwise never touch it for decades, then throw it away 2 days before you NEED it":confused:

20170924_151637.jpg

That pic makes the mill look sort of tiny!

Back