My first mill- and I can't help BUT laugh!

My theory; production and heavy users bought BP's. Smaller, occasional use shops that prized space often went with the smaller machine. May be why many (by no means all) Millrites are in decent shape for machines that are 35+ years old. Just speculating.

I used to have a logger as my neighbor, with a front end loader and lots of other heavy equipment. Pretty handy to have a neighbor like that.

That pic makes the mill look sort of tiny!
Yes, scale in pics is tough to judge. The backhoe is a Case 580 E. Not the biggest they made (680 and 780), but it aint no Kubota! Got the mill on the shop floor with literally 1/2 inch of headroom left on a 9 foot tall door. The mill stands 77 inches tall.
Again, I want to thank this community for all the knowledge and experience posted previously:D. 2 months ago, I didn't know a VFD from an STD:eek:. Now, I can't wait to try my hand at programming in chinese! LOL! Thank you all very much!

UPDATE! I hooked up the VFD, plugged it in, AND THE MILL BLEW UP! The toolbox too! LOL!
Seriously, I was about to install the VFD, and realized I really should clean up the mill a little bit first. Next thing I know, pieces are laying everywhere! Very glad I did. Petrified grease, cosmoline? and cutting oil dried into asphalt everywhere. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. Guess I got solvent on the lens. Dang sure had some flying around in here.20171112_061459.jpg20171112_061445.jpg20171112_061404.jpg

Hope the bucket blade didn't smash the housing

Back