My first paying job continued .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I dug out the place with the loader , I then graded it with the grader box , I then raked it out with the rake . 3 changeovers on the 3 pt hitch . Total of 5 hrs . Got paid cash $150 . This was a word of mouth price . Tomorrow the stump grinder will be hooked up onto the Bota .

I did sell $20 worth of crap . I was offerd $100 for a $500 head , By the time he left , it was up to $240 cash . Big deal , it's worth twice that much and he knows it .

One hell of a bonfire going on now !

I will double vtnc's thumbs up ! Lotta things getting accomplished around here .

Promise me you will be very careful, released energy, and dead branches. I've been to both types that killed the operator, one of the two died 20 years later while he stayed in a care home with significant traumatic brain injury. Hope its a great bonfire :encourage:

And I do have pics...............................................................of the bonfire . :big grin:

Heading north next week . Was holding onto the Baldor , PM will be sent .

Promise me you will be very careful, released energy, and dead branches. I've been to both types that killed the operator, one of the two died 20 years later while he stayed in a care home with significant traumatic brain injury. Hope its a great bonfire :encourage:
Being a EMT first responder I do try to to to things by the book . I'm no longer encurged to drop trees on my own without someone present . Trees falling on heads is not a good thing , as is noted in old posts .

Very good, I feel better now :)

Being a EMT first responder I do try to to to things by the book . I'm no longer encurged to drop trees on my own without someone present . Trees falling on heads is not a good thing , as is noted in old posts .
my uncle cut down a big tree and a hornet nest fell on his head. they said he ran like a chicken with its head cut off. he only got stung 11 times mostly on his arms.

my uncle cut down a big tree and a hornet nest fell on his head. they said he ran like a chicken with its head cut off. he only got stung 11 times mostly on his arms.
My dad told me a hornet story from his youth. He and one of his younger brothers pooled their money and bought a single shot .22 rifle. They took it out in the woods and ran across a hornet nest in a tree. They got behind a nearby tree and let fly with the .22. Didn't even get to reload before the hornets found them....both of them. They got hit 6-7 times each.

My dad told me a hornet story from his youth. He and one of his younger brothers pooled their money and bought a single shot .22 rifle. They took it out in the woods and ran across a hornet nest in a tree. They got behind a nearby tree and let fly with the .22. Didn't even get to reload before the hornets found them....both of them. They got hit 6-7 times each.
we use rocks :grin:

Reactions: jcp
Back