My Free Lathe, Thanks To This Website

Susan,
Wood shops are overrated,
When in doubt, go for the precision of metal work.
Nice problem to have, too many machines.
Yeah, I need to sell a lot of stuff. I should sell my woodworking stuff. I just dread having to sell on craigslist. I hear so many bad stories from sellers on people asking a million questions, and then flaking.

Btw, guys, if you know what model this Logan lathe really is, please let me know. I am guessing it is a model 200, but the label on the lathe says it is a screw cutting AND a turret lathe. I think that is why the tailstock looks different.
I sent an email to the folks at lathe.com, hoping Scott Logan would know, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I had a Logan few years back with same tailstock.don't see a lot of them.image.jpeg

Btw, should any of you guys need help finding a deal on anything, let me know. I would not mind helping you find a deal or just find a hard to find item.

Was a model 400..had to look at older pictures to verify model..

Well done Susan, You do seem to get lucky, nothing like that happens here in Downunderland. I think I would get instantly divorced if I tried to squeeze anything else in my car garage/shop. I always have to move something to get at anything. even have to back the car out to get at the lathe. Also have to move the air compressor out of the way to get at the MIG weldr, and have to move that to get at the oxy set.

Had the electrician come by today to replace a faulty RCD, and had to move the motorcycle out so he could get at the switchboard. And so it goes on. Perhaps I'll give up riding one day then i can sell it.

Back