My Home Built Table Press Build

Thanks for the reply, I inquired on the paint for my Ellis 1800 BS but was hoping it could be sprayed with a gun (HVLP).

Again, nice work.
Thanks firestopper for the compliment, I guess I'm better than I was. :courage:

It has been a long time since I used any thing like that, It was called hammerite. It use to be some real hard enamel, and I love the finish it gave. They also made a wrinkle finish for a while.
In fact I was able to get the smooth stuff in a pint or quart and use it in my paint gun. Gave just as good a finish as the rattle can did maybe even better since I could control it better.
Ok, just looked it up and it is still available.
I wish I had looked that up prior to doing my band saw. That would have been nice.

Never got into spray painting because of my always being in a hurry to finish a project... spray cans are always mixed and ready to go... One day I thought to myself heck, after I use a project the first time the paint job is going to become scratched and removed anyway so I stay with rattle cans.:)

That is a great press. I need to build something like that. I want one I can put under the bench as my space is really limited. I too can't stand so I want closer to the ground with most things. I have bar stools in the shop to sit on since the wheel chair won't fit in anymore. Great project. Thanks for posting it. I am going to borrow some of your ideas when I build one.

That is a great press. I need to build something like that. I want one I can put under the bench as my space is really limited. I too can't stand so I want closer to the ground with most things. I have bar stools in the shop to sit on since the wheel chair won't fit in anymore. Great project. Thanks for posting it. I am going to borrow some of your ideas when I build one.

Glad you found ideas you can use my fellow handicapped metal worker. :) The spacer to get the necessary gap for the cylinder trolley to slide across the rails was gotten by placing 3/4" square tubing over the 1/2" rods, they fit like a glove. If you need info on the four cam follower bearings I used for trolley guides just let me know, they were around $9 for two on ebay..... I'll be happy to help you Mark all I can. God Bless, keep the faith.:angel:

What is the wall thickness on the square tubing. I would like to put a 20 ton jack on my press and I was wondering how thick of tubing I would have to have.

What is the wall thickness on the square tubing. I would like to put a 20 ton jack on my press and I was wondering how thick of tubing I would have to have.
Mark I can't tell you that, I'm not qualified. I used 3/16 square tube on my 10 ton press because it's what I had on hand and I'm not putting anyone else in danger. I would suggest searching the internet for an engineering formula or call an engineering outfit and ask them if they would help you, I have done it in the past and an engineer was happy to help me for free. If you feel like you want to go at on your own, go to harbor freight and take a micrometer you and measure what they used. I wish I could be more helpful.

Couldn't sign in for some reason for a few days, today everything was fine with same password I registered with? The trouble started after I deleted my cookies file and then couldn't get my password here to work.

welded blocks.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

Trolley.jpg

IMG_42.JPG

IMG_41.JPG

Attachments

• Trolley Demo.MP4
    17.1 MB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Back