My homemade bar puller for my CNC lathe.

You might slow down the pull cycle, I think mine is at 50 IPM.

I'll have to "hit the books" as I don't know how to slow it down.
I wanted it slower and thought I could G1 feed rate control it, but no dice....no feed rate when spindle is not turning.

I'm having a duh moment....It's as simple as turning this dial isn't it?

But that would slow the whole program right?
I use the 25,50,100 selector when testing programs, but have left the large dial where it is.
20190402_090100[1].jpg

That is a problem, I forgot about your G1 issue. Not sure how you can fix that one, maybe there is a way to override it someway. I guess you can do what I did and rip out everything that said Fanuc on it. :grin:

I just had another thought, try issuing a G98 (inches/min) after the G5. This might allow the X and Z to move when the spindle is stopped. Then issue a G99 (feed/rev) again after the bar pull.

That brings back memories . I still have a bar puller sitting down the basement from 1999 . Used it on a Makino Slant bed with a Funuc 6MB ? Or TC ? :rolleyes: My memory isn't that good to remember , but , I guess I can safely say I dodn't need the puller any longer . :big grin:

I just had another thought, try issuing a G98 (inches/min) after the G5. This might allow the X and Z to move when the spindle is stopped. Then issue a G99 (feed/rev) again after the bar pull.

Thank you. That looks like it will work. I'll report back after I try it. I've switched programs to machine the opposite end of the part so it will be a couple of days before I have them all run.

Little tidbit about the machine approaching the work and waiting for me to hit the coolant switch.
It did that again on my program for the opposing end of these parts. I wrote the program and then run the first part and everything was normal.
Then running second part turret 2 approaches the work and stops and won't proceed until I push the coolant button.
I had not used the E-stop, so my theory of that being the cause was not it.

I shut the machine down and restart. Run another part and it runs all normal. Second part turret 2 again stops and waits for coolant button.
My programs were not self resetting and by fixing the end of the codes so they rewind/reset then everything worked normal.
I had put the M30 at the end of turret 2 as it is the last turret to run. Putting M30 at the end of each turrets program fixed that.

I'm learning and I'm having fun with it, and that's what counts.

That brings back memories . I still have a bar puller sitting down the basement from 1999 . Used it on a Makino Slant bed with a Funuc 6MB ? Or TC ? :rolleyes: My memory isn't that good to remember , but , I guess I can safely say I dodn't need the puller any longer .

For sale?
My 29 cent puller worked flawlessly for about 100 parts (200 pulls) so I can't complain. But and official puller might be nice also.

For sale?
My 29 cent puller worked flawlessly for about 100 parts (200 pulls) so I can't complain. But and official puller might be nice also.

If it'll fit your turret , sure . I'll never use it again . It has the round shaft with the grooves cut in for mounting in the turret ( forgot the name of the mounting system ) , got a couple sets of jaws for different pulls etc . I'll post a picture of it on this thread when I can .

Found the puller all as well as some other goodies for other folks with Atlas lathes . Im finding things I my scrap buckets !

Anyway , it's a Berg puller that mounts in your turret . Wanna pic ?

Heavy duty bar puller . The shank is interchangeable if your turret is different . 1/8"-3.750 or so . Not sure if you need one this big .

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
Back