• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner my indexer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice indexer, Mark. Congrats on POTM.

AWESOME project!:cheeringclapping:

Sweet! Congrats on POTM! Very neat and love to see self built solutions! Thanks for posting.
CG :thumbzup3:

Nice job
that will be very handy for years of use.
Steve

The index plate was made using a rotary table ( maybe that what you meant by indexer?). Mine positions (supposedly ) within seconds of a degree which is more accurate than I can drill on the drill press. To keep the holes as precise as possible they have to be started with a center drill , then the bit changed to a drill one size smaller than the desired size , then finished drilled to size with a precision ground drill bit. ( or you could ream them). This is what takes so long making that plate.

Mark Frazier

How did you make the index plate without using an indexer?

An outstanding piece of work. You have to be proud of it. Truly professional level work.

Very worthy of project winner, beautiful work. No problems holding the work when boring? Brian

772a4cb3-4e68-4060-881e-bfde9f4c61d4_zps8136cac8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back