My Last Build

thats a nice job. what year is it ? I'm guessing 48' ?
"straight stick", love it.
and the wheel chock ? priceless. you hate bending down too.
is it chain drive to a fixed axel ?
really a fun looking machine.

It is a 1951 chain drive with a newer electric start transmission. I put a set of newer hand controls on it using the clutch lever for the timing retard. Came up with a way to use relays for the signal lights. Also made a lot of new brackets and exhaust pipes to get it to look like I wanted. I love doing this type of stuff but most people want this stuff done right away and I like to take my time and get things right. The trike took me a total of 6 months working weekends and a few night during the winter. Had her all stripped down in 1 day. rebuilt both the motor and tranny over the winter in the basement ( no heat in garage ). Built the back box in the spring, painted everything and then assembled everything.

because I don't have the money to do anything like that. Am on disability and no longer working so money is quite tight.

Thanks. only way I can do anything like that again would be on someone elses bike and they would have to pay for parts as it goes along. I can still do the work as long as I take frequent breaks and have help when I need to move or lift anything that weighs more than 10 - 15 lbs. I get short of breath too easy when lifting or bending over too much.

Looks great!
Not sure about the last build title.
Perhaps you just need to limit yourself to 10#-15# one off parts?

Daryl
MN

Back