My latest anodizing

eac67gt

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just wanted to show off my latest anodizing being I just started fooling with it to help my son advance his business.

Have a great day!

Ed

IMG_1750.JPG IMG_1823.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1914.JPG IMG_1920.JPG

Last edited:
Ed --- We need a How-To on Anodizing. I wish to learn the process and I am quite sure many others here are as well. I know you said you are new to it but by the looks of your pieces you are well enough along to do this. It's your call but it would be greatly appreciated by all. ------ "Billy G"

I have a hard time getting thoughts in order for explanation but I will definitely work on it because I am up for the challenge.
I will work on it off line and then post it up with steps and pics.
Great idea and thanks for you confindence in me.
Have a great day!
Ed

nice job

what do you do to not mess up the little treaths ore inner treaths when cleaning with NaOh ?

You can definitely mess up the threads. The NaOh will attack of course the thiniest metal or at least that is of course where it is most evident.
I have done this myself. There is a learning curve. Unfortunelty I fly by the seat of my pants so I have gone through some messes.
One of the best controled way is to use a product called greased lightning. It may not be available to you in your country.?
Being it is a already mixed solution it works great to slowly removed the old anodizing on a part. It takes about 1 to 2 hours for a good job.
I also use pure lye. I get it at the hardware store as drain opener. This can be very dangerous to you and the parts.
I put 1 to 2 teaspoons in 2 quarts of water and depending on the part being stripped it takes 5 to 10 minutes at most.
Once again this can easily damage the part that is why I suggest the other method.
Now you could dilute the mixture more.
What I do is, wearing gloves of course, constantly agitate the part and scrub it with a tooth brush. This way you help it along and you can monitor the progression of the stripping.
Once again the lye burns. If level of mixture is to high the solution can reach in the 300 degree range. I was warned of this by someone else.
This made me curious so I put a table spoon in about a 1/2 cup of water in a plastic container and it steamed and the fumes were strong.
The bottom of the platic container melted quickly. I don't recommended doing this but I am a little nuts.
In all these things you always need to remember to protect the hands, protect the face, lots of ventilation and never lye near the acid your going to use for anodizing.
Bottom line safety, safety, safety!

I hope I helped.
If you have more questions I will try to answer all questions.

Have a great day!

Ed

if you got small treaths the caustic will attack it an make the treaths ore holes bigger (i got some M3 treatsh in my parts)
i clean my parts also with the drain unblokker a few table spoons in hot water
and then i drop the parts in fizzes a lot and the parts come out some white somethimes black (depends on the alu used )
i started color anodizing years ago andthen there was no color die avalable in belgium
i dit it with cloting die and had some times goed sometimes bad results
a very good tip is only use demi water for everything
i do not want to hack your treath but here are some pics of parts i dit not the side plates
only the frames i made them myself from scratch and home anodizing
oranje%20%281%29%20%28600%20x%20450%29.jpg

red5500%20%282%29%20%28600%20x%20450%29.jpg

RJT1.gif

oranje%20%281%29%20%28600%20x%20450%29.jpg

Yes, i'd be very interested in learning the process also.

Back