My Little Shop

Chip Hacket

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Thought I would share some pics of my modest little basement shop. I enjoy looking at you guys shops, so this is mine. My machines are small compared to most of yours, and I am not a trained machinist by any stretch. I really got started in this to support my other hobby. Next thing I knew, I discovered I like making things out of metal. I certainly admire some of the work I've seen on this site. So here it is, make yourself at home.

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

Below is my Taig lathe. It's little but has variable speed spindle and feed. Pound for pound she can hold her own.

IMG_0842.JPG

Home brew motor control.
IMG_0843.JPG

Here is my Taig mill. Again it's small but very accurate and has 1/2" lead screws.

IMG_0841.JPG

That little 1" belt sander is the best $30 dollars I've ever spent. Maybe it's because I've never had another but I really like it.
IMG_0836.JPG
My 4 x 6 bandsaw and automated garden cart.
IMG_0850.JPG

Nice shop! I like the use of the tool boxes for bench support. :)

Nice shop, Chip! It has been mentioned before, but I will say it again: It's not the size of your machines that matters, but rather what you do with the ones you have. I also like the toolboxes for supporting your workbench top. They make for great use of storage space.

Looks like a great setup Chip! What size shop is that, looks like ou;ve made good use of the space? And what is the automated garden cart for?

Actually that area is roughly 15 x 20. The automated cart is sort of an ongoing project intended to help my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice shop, very well laid out. Looks like plenty of power for your lathe. Your so right about enjoying seeing everyone's setups, and being able to apply some of the best ideas to our own spaces. Mike

Notice by the clock that it's after midnight. That sounds about right.

Wrat

Very nice shop and shrewd move with the automated cart for your wife.

Bruce

What was (is) your other hobby, if you don't mind me asking. Great looking shop you have, and room for more stuff too

Back