My local metal supply house!

pjf134

Active User
Registered
I had a project that I was working on and needed some small pieces of 1/2" plate, so I went to my local supply to find the doors closed. I tried to call but the phone just rings. I guess they are gone. It was nice to go there and just buy what you needed as cutting was free. The prices were a little higher but no shipping and you had what you needed now. For now I guess I will use Speedy Metals or Enco ect. until I find a source near me to use. There are some other people in the same boat as me when I was looking for a source on the net and seen some posts like mine near me. Just a Rant by me because I am mad because they closed up. Some places won't sell drops because it is not worth it to them, which I can see, time is money.
Paul

Sad to hear that Paul but I'm afraid that's the story with a lot of smaller shops these days.

Good luck,

-Ron

Even the scrappy guys are getting snippy about letting you browse their bins. I had to buy virgin metal from the local CNC shop last week. At this rate I may have to open my own scrap yard and cut out the middle men.

If I cleaned out my garage I would probably have enough to start a scrap yard. :biggrin:

-Ron

whew guess im lucky to have local scrap yard sells by the pound.

Back