My Logan 820 Lathe Journey

Removed the apron. Glad to see it was free of chips.
FD479C00-A5B2-416E-87D5-35A0B014DFA5.jpeg
DA497718-3ECB-48A6-9C92-49E4522532F5.jpeg
5AF1EC98-2F87-4744-B0FE-FC7E9DABFDF0.jpeg
How can I determine if the half-nut is fine or in need of replacement…
7CF617E9-374F-4399-8304-EA0A88F3C522.jpeg
C9D0385A-8FD6-4E61-A7DE-5312986B10A6.jpeg

That’s a nice looking tool post! I don’t know much about these multi fix qctp (other than Anon79 uses them), what’s the advantage of these over the seemingly more common AXA style of tool post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a nice looking tool post! I don’t know much about these multi fix qctp (other than Anon79 uses them), what’s the advantage of these over the seemingly more common AXA style of tool post?

I do not know about advantages over the other one. I have those in the other lathe and I should have stayed with the same style to be able to share holders…

This was a case of me wanting to try this style… want vs need…

I do know of one disadvantage, making holders for the Aloris-style holder is a heck of a lot easier….

Only one advantage that I know of… once you fix this one in place, no need to loosen the main post. You can turn the angle much easier.

But again, my reason was that it looked cool and I wanted it for my special lathe… So hardly a valid or justifiable reason at all…

I do not know about advantages over the other one. I have those in the other lathe and I should have stayed with the same style to be able to share holders…

This was a case of me wanting to try this style… want vs need…

I do know of one disadvantage, making holders for the Aloris-style holder is a heck of a lot easier….

Only one advantage that I know of… once you fix this one in place, no need to loosen the main post. You can turn the angle much easier.

But again, my reason was that it looked cool and I wanted it for my special lathe… So hardly a valid or justifiable reason at all…

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. I think they look really cool and I’ve definitely bought things out of want rather than need a lot in my life time!

Order place for half-nut, half-nut pin, and also took the opportunity to order the missing follow rest as well...

I think that I am done ordering parts for my lathe...

Back