[4]

My Logan Lathe 1875

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

TheArsonSmith

Registered
back in late 2016 I started watching the regular machinist youtubers (AvE, MrPete, Abom79, etc) and decided I really wanted to do that. then back in Nov 2017I decided I wanted a lathe and a mill. I started setting search alerts in craigslist and watching for auctions and all that fun stuff when in Feb 2018 this bad boy showed up and I knew I had to have it. A little bit of dealing and I ended up paying what the original owner (retired hobbyist downsizing) but he threw in a bandsaw and some tooling for a milling machine that I had plans to purchase but hadn't lined one up yet.

I cut my first chips on this lathe finally implementing the skills I've learned over the years prior only by watching the above youtubers.

Well, over the weekend while cutting a shaft for a table saw the motor decided to stop on me. I pulled it out, grabbed a nearly same size capacitor from another motor sitting in my shop and it would still only hum and pop the breaker. I found a replacement and it is on order.

That's the store of my Logan 1875 (so far more to come).

Attachments

TheArsonSmith

Registered
Here is my first project that was slightly more than just turning my random scrap metal into chips:

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Welcome to the forum! Very nice looking lathe you've got there.

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Welcome to the forum. Looks like your well on your way to becoming as machine and tool obsessed as the rest of us. Cheers, Mike

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Gota love buying a machine, plug it in, and start making really cool stuff. :encourage:

jdedmon91

Registered
Yep that’s neat Logan. Too dang bad those lathes bring a premium price here because I’d would have purchased one instead of my Grizzly G750G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[6]
[5] [7]