MY MESSERSCHMITTS

RIMSPOKE

Registered
Registered
I HAVE HAD SIX OF THESE LITTLE CARS OVER THE YEARS AND
STILL HAVE FOUR OF THEM

MY 1954 KR-175 IS THE OLDEST . LONG STRANGE HISTORY FOR THIS CAR THAT WAS SOLD NEW IN FRANKFURT GERMANY .

DSC_0204.JPG

MY 1957 KR-200 WAS ACTUALLY MADE IN 1955 .
THE PREVIOUS OWNER SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON ACCESSORIES THAT WERE NOT
PART OF THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE . IT IS BEING RESTORED TO ORIGINAL .

DSC_0990.JPG

MY 1959 TG-500 IS REALLY A HOT-RODDED KR-200 WITH A HONDA 600 COUPE ENGINE .
IT IS LOADED WITH SPECIALLY MACHINED PARTS . NOT AN EASY TRICK TO PULL OFF .
SO FAR I AM 7 YEARS INTO THE PROJECT AND STILL HAVE NEVER DRIVEN IT .

DSC_1565.JPG

FINALLY , MY 1963 KR-200 IS THE YOUNGSTER IN THE CROWD .
THIS CAR WAS SOLD NEW IN FINLAND AND IS DRIVEN REGULARLY .

DSC_0287.JPG

You're having 'way too much fun. Those are really cute cars.

Waaaay too funky! And you're only over in Wake Forest. The wife is more of an auto aficionado than I am (my thing is guns) and her eyes just lit up when I showed the pics!

Nice, I would love something like that, but in San Antonio TX, I would get run over by something.

Waaaay too funky! And you're only over in Wake Forest.
The wife is more of an auto aficionado than I am (my thing is guns) and her eyes just lit up when I showed the pics!

ALWAYS UP FOR A VISIT .
YOU CAN COME FOR THE MACHINE SHOP ,
SHE CAN COME FOR THE CARS .

I'd love one of those for around town. Would get lots of looks too.

Cool cars - can't say I've ever seen one before. Thanks for posting.

John

Can I duct tape three together so I can take a ride. One for each leg and one for me butt. Sure are cute. That's something YA don't see much of tiny cars on our highways. When I was young there was an opal that looked like a tiny jaguar . I wanted that car but to small for me . It was Kool just like these smooth lines , just enough chrome to high light it. You put ALOT of time in those I bet . It shows .

I remember those Opals at least they had 4 wheels. Those 3 wheels scare me a little of course the ones I remember had the single wheel in front and were prone to roll if you turned to sharp.

A 6" vise is overkill for a RF45 style mill. A 4" is more appropiate for that size mill & IMO 5" max. I have a 5" GMT vise on my PM45 & it's slightly too big. Not enough Y axis travel to make use of the 5" full capacity. Better to save your money rather than getting something too big & most importantly the weight. I take my vise of the table quite often, a 6" is still light enough for me to be carried by hand but I'm glad I have a 5". I also have a 4" vise as well. I prefer the 5" though.

But those GMT 6" Premium vises are pretty nice. I'd love to have one but don't need one on my current mill. But if you plan on upgrading to a full size knee mill in the future than the 6" will be perfect.

Here's what the 5" looks like on my mill.
Img_1921.jpg

I couldn't even complete this cut without my bellows & DRO scale getting in the way. Not enough Y travel & the 5" vise is not even maxed out.
Img_7597_zpscb8b5dd7.jpg

Here's what a 6" vise looks like on another PM45 (gt40's)
View attachment 253544

goliath-goli-02.jpg

Back