My mini shaper hand driven

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Finished of the handle and a few other small bits to get my very old but still functional shaper working
It was given to me some time ago so thought i best get it going rather than it collect dust .cuts very well supprisingly with little effort .
Need a tiny rotary table for it this would make it handly for marking up incriments on dials etc .
Not sure if handle is correct as i dont have old one or info on how it should be but what i have made works .
20180109_154856.jpg
20180109_154845.jpg
20180109_154900.jpg

That is a very compact, ingenious design. Nicely done on your additions!

Can you tell us more about the history? Who made it? Where? When? For what was it designed?

Thanks

That is a very compact, ingenious design. Nicely done on your additions!

Can you tell us more about the history? Who made it? Where? When? For what was it designed?

Thanks
It was made in England by a company called Adept , It's in very good shape apart from the missing handle that I have now fabricated .All I know is that it works very well ,What it was originaly designed for I'm not sure however I think it will be quite handy for doing small jobs for model engines etc also if I can find a tiny little rotary table will be handy for marking up dials ets I think I could also cut small key ways in little pulleys and gears if need be ,I need to make up some little tool holders for it next At a guess I'd say about 1920 ish. Build maybe later I really don't know as I've not researched it

It was made in England by a company called Adept , It's in very good shape apart from the missing handle that I have now fabricated .All I know is that it works very well ,What it was originaly designed for I'm not sure however I think it will be quite handy for doing small jobs for model engines etc also if I can find a tiny little rotary table will be handy for marking up dials ets I think I could also cut small key ways in little pulleys and gears if need be ,I need to make up some little tool holders for it next At a guess I'd say about 1920 ish. Build maybe later I really don't know as I've not researched it
Thanks.

And dials, I had not even thought of how well it would make those.
Build date maybe 1940 ish

Not only would it be great for dials, but imagine a stroke limit with multiple stops that cycles with each pull. You could make this so you wouldn't have to count lines, the short and long lines would be set automatically.

Not only would it be great for dials, but imagine a stroke limit with multiple stops that cycles with each pull. You could make this so you wouldn't have to count lines, the short and long lines would be set automatically.
Going to keep my eye out for a tiny little rotary table for it i have seen them online before and think it could quite easily be mounted on tbe unit ,im kind of glad i have pulled it out of tbe cuboard and got it working now tbe only problem is everything else seems to be on hold as i cant stop playing with this little gadget it amazes me how easily it nibbles the material away into chips

Back