My Misc Quickie Projects

I believe the saying is KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid. I too thought it was the way you stated and was quickly corrected by a group of WW2 vets at the local vfw post back when i was a kid. I wasn't given a reason as to why only that, "it was what it was!"

Haha, it was definitely the case for me on this one. And not the first time so I guess you are right, thanks for clearing that up! :D

Not much of a project & no machining involved but I'm happy now. Was gonna make holders for my grease guns cause I finally got sick of them leaking. Couldn't find the right size PVC that I wanted. I purchased these from Summit Racing when I was ordering new control arm bushings for my truck. Much cleaner & easier than what I had in mind to make. Using pieces of Pig mats in the drip trays. The original boxes I was storing them in are completely oil soaked.

Yeah yeah, I know, supposed to store grease guns uncompressed to help prevent the separation but I use them often & I ain't got no time for all that. :big grin:

20190814_155307-600x880.jpg20190812_211352-800x450.jpg20190813_172728-800x450.jpg

I wanted an extension for my slitting saw arbor. I figured an end mill holder would be perfect for this. Unfortuantely the weldon shank on my slitting saw arbor didn't line up with the end mill holder & it was too narrow with no chamfers to fit the big set screw on the end mill holder.

Maybe a quality name brand end mill holder and/or slitting saw arbor might have lined up fine but I didn't want to spend that much money on one. This one was only $11 plus shipping.

20190820_231335-1024x756.jpg

Stupid me, I didn't realize the slitting saw arbor was hardened, I knew the end mill holder was. A few passes with a HSS end mill & the end mill was toast. Finished the cut with a carbide end mill & used a 90° spotting drill to machine the chamfers. It's all I had that could cut a 45° angle that was carbide (didn't feel like tilting the head). Actually worked pretty well.
20190820_211149-1024x576.jpg

Shortened the end mill holder a bit, cleaned up the chamfers that weren't machined very well, machined the point of the set screw flat & chamfered it to fit the weldon shank.
20190820_221333-1024x576.jpg

It came out pretty good & gives me a good amount of reach. With my EBI (eye ball indicator) it looks to run pretty true. I'm happy. :big grin:
20190820_224553-1024x576.jpg

Will, in your second picture in your initial post in this thread you show a needle nose coolant bottle. I've hunted all over for something exactly like this one without much luck (most are too small with too fine a needle). Do you know where you got this, or do you have a brand name or specific source?
Thanks

Will, in your second picture in your initial post in this thread you show a needle nose coolant bottle. I've hunted all over for something exactly like this one without much luck (most are too small with too fine a needle). Do you know where you got this, or do you have a brand name or specific source?
Thanks
Will these work?

Thanks

They're called luer-lock bottles. Well the cap is for use with luer lock needles. I buy mine from Howard Electronics.

I mostly use the 2oz & 4oz for machining related fluids but I also 1oz bottles for other things like acetone, denatured alcohol, lube oils, solder flux, etc. The bottle pictured is 2oz.

Mcmaster also sells them but in a different style cap.

Thanks but I was hoping to find something larger than 4 ounces. Not sure if the one Will has is larger than that or not. Looks possibly to be.

Thank you for the information Will, and the Michigan poster also.

Thanks but I was hoping to find something larger than 4 ounces. Not sure if the one Will has is larger than that or not. Looks possibly to be.

The one pictured is 2oz. 4oz is the biggest I use but I mostly use 2oz. Howard Electronics sells 8oz & I believe Mcmaster sells even bigger bottles. Their bottles aren't luer locking but they do accept the needles.

I made a holder for my carriage for the 2oz bottles. Can see it above in post #16

Back