My New 1340GT

Two months?!? I'd shoot myself. :lmao: (just kidding dude...)

Matt (bless his heart) has had to deal with me before when I bought my PM25, so I consider it a privilege that he was willing to sell me another machine. So I'm trying to be good and not pester him to death. :))

I'm the same way, and since I have at least another 2 months till my mill to arrives, I've been ordering all kinds of tooling to keep my self from going crazy.

Bill and John,

I just reloaded the schematic information, it was missing the negative (0 V) connection to the relay negative coil terminal (A2). Sorry guys, must be old age setting in. Normally, I like to build it myself and check everything out. But really should be fairly basic with regard to the relay connections. You probably want to keep the 24VAC transformer and fuse for powering the light, this requires 240V to the transformer. You can connect the 24VAC to terminals 11 and 12, connect the light power to these. You need a power disconnect for the 240V, and should use fuses in each leg or a 30A supplemental dual breaker. In a recent build, I used a SquareD MG17447 which I picked up at a reasonable price (definitely not list). There are lot of ways to do the install, just remember with 240V, there is no second chances.

If you run into any issues, send me a PM either with an email or number and I can try to assist. I recommend that when you start adjusting the WJ200 parameters that you use a computer to program the changes. It is possible to send you a VFD file, but I had issues trying to download the file from my PC, vs. directly programing the VFD with the PC attached.

I have had this machine for several months now. I have had so much fun with it that I have not posted anything in a while. This is a great machine and you will love it. The only problems that I had had with it are due to the loose nut behind the controls. When I first received it, I had to ask a lot of really dumb questions. Both Ray and the folks at PM were incredibly patient and very understanding. Kudos to Ray for not putting a hit out on me.

Glad to hear that the lathe is coming. I hope it is worth the wait. Looking forward to your review. Make sure you put some towels on it before doing anything to protect it from the drools. Good luck on the new machine.

Paul

Glad to hear that the lathe is coming. I hope it is worth the wait. Looking forward to your review. Make sure you put some towels on it before doing anything to protect it from the drools. Good luck on the new machine.

Paul

Already been through that with the PM935... THX for the heads up... LOL :cool:
On a side note... am looking around this new forum, trying to find all the emoticons... where did they hide them. Found the smiley faces... still trying to find the other ones.

I have had this machine for several months now. I have had so much fun with it that I have not posted anything in a while. This is a great machine and you will love it. The only problems that I had had with it are due to the loose nut behind the controls. When I first received it, I had to ask a lot of really dumb questions. Both Ray and the folks at PM were incredibly patient and very understanding. Kudos to Ray for not putting a hit out on me.

Loose nut behind the controls...

I am assuming this is behind the electric controls??? Was this covered in a forum post?
Would like to see a picture of this if available, to check the nut when setting up and cleaning... THX

Sure he's referring to the operator, John, but maybe he'll send you some "selfies"!!!

To get over the threshold just use several 3' lengths of 2" pvc pipe on either side of the threshold and just roll it in. Mike

On a side note... am looking around this new forum, trying to find all the emoticons... where did they hide them. Found the smiley faces... still trying to find the other ones.
Smiley sets have not been uploaded yet. Last I heard Nelson was getting an error when trying to load the emoticons we used to have.

Back