My New Enco 12x36

jocat54

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I ordered a 12x36 lathe from Enco on Monday and received it on Friday--pretty darn quick shipping. I had been holding out on ordering until a 25% & free shipping, but went ahead and ordered with the 15% & free shipping, still a decent deal I think.
The freight company driver was really helpful got it off the truck and up a incline going up the driveway and about 100 yards to the shop, really easy with a pallet jack (except for the incline) Pretty easy with three people (driver,my BIL, me) The guy in the pictures is my BIL.
Unpacked and installed in about 1 1/2 hours.
12x36 1.jpg 12x36 2.jpg 12x36 3.jpg 12x36.jpg

Had one small issue. There is safety switch behind the end cover with a little piece of sheet metal on the end cover to press the switch. The little piece wasn't big enough to contact the switch without some finagling. Just made a bigger piece--really simple fix.
Some of the shifting levers/drums are pretty hard to turn--hopefully they will get easier with some use.
Going to be a learning curve from my SB 9A. I am thinking about selling the SB---but I just really like that little lathe and it is so easy to run, so might keep it for a while.

She looks very nice congrats! How about some close-up pics. The forum will be along shortly to help you spend about $4,000 on tooling and chucks.

Nice looking lathe! Congratulations! Let the spending begin!

Usually gear shifting is much smoother when you turn whatever shaft you are engaging. I turn the leadscrew ever so slightly on my SB 10L to shift the quick change gearbox if it isn't a smooth changeover.

Congrats on the new tool.

Mine is: DEAR FAMILY ,MY BIRTHDAYS IN A FEW WEEKS , nice little lathe good luck hope you have many years of enjoyment with her. When enco has there 25% plus free ship makes real good sence to buy then.

Back