My new G0463 Mill arrived and won't run.

You should find out what happens when they test the first mill you returned, and if so, what was the result.

Wow. I hope it's something like a loose wire or something. o_O

Wow. I hope it's something like a loose wire or something. o_O

That would sure be nice. But with 2 Mills behaving the same way I am wondering if they received a bad shipment of them. Hopefully it is just me overlooking something obvious..

I have been trying to keep a good attitude about this but at this point I am really disappointed with Grizzly. I went out to the shop this morning and the $300.00 table drive unit will now run to the right but not the left! Yesterday jokingly I said "well, at least the table drive works" but heh, now it doesn't. I called Customer Service to ask for a refund and was told that I have to go through Tech. Support.

I got a hold of Tech Support and had almost no luck at all. Their Tech. wasn't rude but he also was not very enthusiastic or helpful. I asked about the problems they are having with this model and he told me that I am the only one who has gotten a machine that will not operate. Yeah, just me, twice in a row, shrug. He said the first machine that I returned had a bad circuit board.

As far as my getting a refund for the mill and table drive unit he said that I would have to talk to Customer Service. I said that is who I had called and after being on hold for 20 minutes I got him. He said oh well, call Customer Service in about 24 hours. I asked if things could go faster and back on hold I went. He then returned and said that I could call Customer Service in a couple of hours and maybe get an answer if I can return the two pieces of equipment or not. So I am going to spend the next few hours thinking that I will get a refund.

I really need a smaller mill and I am real touchy about ordering anything from Grizzly at this time. This is also the first time that I have gotten a hold of a Customer Service agent at Grizzly that seemed to not really give a ****.

Well I am on the phone with Grizzly Customer Service and they are threating to charge me a 10% re-stocking fee, refusing to let me speak to a CS Supervisor and generally being rude about the entire situation.

Here is what I got from Grizzly now:

3-5 days to get the machine returned.
1-2 days for them to do an inspection to determine if they are going to charge me a 10% re-stocking fee.
3-5 days for a refund depending on their bank.

I am done with Grizzly.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear you troubles with Grizzly. If you get your money back call Matt at Precision Mathews (Quality Machinetools) I have a PM25-MV and could not be happier. When I have a problem I call or e-mail Matt and he resolves the issue. I think he is getting more PM-25's in March. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear you troubles with Grizzly. If you get your money back call Matt at Precision Mathews (Quality Machinetools) I have a PM25-MV and could not be happier. When I have a problem I call or e-mail Matt and he resolves the issue. I think he is getting more PM-25's in March. Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah, Precision Matthews who who I planned on calling. They have the small Mills with the belt drive already installed. I will have to wait for Grizzly to refund my money before I can get hold of them. Man, this is sure putting me in a bind!

On top of the brushless Moro and belt drive, Matt gives a three year warranty. He is a stand up guy and a pleasure to do business with.

On top of the brushless Moro and belt drive, Matt gives a three year warranty. He is a stand up guy and a pleasure to do business with.

I put a deposit down today on a mill at Precision Matthews. It looks to be just the same as a 704 but with a couple of nice improvements.

I was/am sure surprised at how poorly I was treated by Grizzly's Customer Service.

Back