My new G4003G

Thank you! So they only screwed up the pics, not the lathe. Good to know. :)

Sweet! More pics? :thumbsup:

From my noob perspective it looks like Grizzly is really doing a nice job on this particular model lathe for the money. I looked up the published tolerance specs yesterday and was a bit surprised.

It's also good to know that the G4003G has been in production for several years. Should help to work the bugs out.

Nice. Like the protractor scale on the compound - nice touch. It's amazing how close all these "12x36" class machines are in appearance, and the subtle details that are different between the Griz, PM, Enco, etc. Like the protractor scale, compound feed dial, gear box vs dials, etc.

I love mine and have from day 1. My motor did die but was replaced and it was a little different but the head electrical tech gave me his direct line so I could get right through with no hassle. It's back to working like a dream. It's certainly capable of more accurate work than I am at this point. But I'm getting there. It's a lotta machine for the buck.

Impressive looking machine, wish you all the luck with it.

Paul

Congrats! Yet another forum member joins the G4003G club!

Progress report. Got the lathe on the stands and in place, spindle break-in done, quick TRI check of 3 jaw chuck on a printer rod about 2" out is .0005. Tomorrow is the leveling with a borrowed Starrett Master Precision level #199 That should have me chasing my tail. Am I correct in assuming the the tool post holder is a BXA? My tool holders for the old Atlas must be AXA as they are series 100 and don't fit the Grizzly. So then the G4003G would use the 200 series?

Back