My New Hardinge Cataract

A

Andre

Forum Guest
Register Today
Don't mind the welder, high lift jack, and other junk. I bought this Hardinge Cataract with lever collet closer, lever cross slide, turret, and countershaft assembly today. All for $380. Cleanup begins tomorrow.

I plan to use this for rapid production of a series of parts, and it'll be perfect because that's what this one was setup to do. I need to make a few bits of tooling and I'll be all set.

https://imgur.com/8yIbRSF

I can't post a image in the usual way. A link will have to do. Not even the IMG bb code function works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I no pics went to ,,,, . The short t,s turret looks like mabey 9-10" lathe center ? . Pics used to be good to look at while typing

Thanks for posting the photo Ken, did you download it then re-uplaod it as a file? I have PC software issues now so I can't upload things as files.

I believe this lathe has 7" swing. I haven't measured it but it's what I hear from research online, and looks about right.

Hi Andre: I just right click / save image / then: upload a file. (Windows Server 2003)
It is hard to gauge the size of your new machine. I was thinking a compact lathe would look great on my fireplace mantle.
Color me envious.
lk

Hi Andre: I just right click / save image / then: upload a file. (Windows Server 2003)
It is hard to gauge the size of your new machine. I was thinking a compact lathe would look great on my fireplace mantle.
Color me envious.
lk

I have a software issue, and am missing some software files. I cannot upload files normally, even using CTRL + S crashes my browser. When I use the "Upload File" button my file folder doesn't automatically open. I can only drag and drop, and that doesn't work on here sadly. I am missing a few system files, and need to reinstall Win 7 at some point.

The lathe is fairly large, 7" swing and weighs about 60 pounds with my short bed. About 20" long or so, but I never measured.

Is that what they call a cantilever bed? A little elbow grease and wax. The original classic black paint will shine like new. Classic Black paint , hand scraped metal surfaces. This thing will really standout. What a find!! congratulations Andre

Nice history link
http://www.lathes.co.uk/cataract/index.html

Last edited:
Back