My New(ish) Shaper

12bolts

Global Moderator
Registered
I Recently acquired a 10.5” Douglas Shaper in pretty good condition. Shapers are few and far between up here in NQ, so although it was a long day to pick up and drag home, (15 hours, including loading,) it was definitely worth the trip.
IMG_0178a.jpg
I did get some extra goodies as well but that may turn out to be a new project.
The original plan was to give it a quick clean and set it up but I just seem to have got carried away with myself
IMG_0196a.jpg IMG_0198a.jpg IMG_0200a.jpg IMG_0211a.jpg
Years of grime, wood dust, bugs, old oil and grease were laid bare as the solvent, scraper and wire brush went to work. Electrolysis was put to judicious use to remove old the paint from most parts.
IMG_0208a.jpg IMG_0210a.jpg
Work, and rain have slowed the process of painting and re-assembly but it is getting near to pressing the play button now.

Cheers Phil

Well I would say from the looks of it will defiantly be cleaned up! Nice score.

Nice machine. Every time you look at it, you'll be glad you took the time to do it right. Mike

Now that's a nice machine! I wish mine was a little bigger like that one.
George

That is a nice looking shaper. A little nicer in size than the 7", but not too big to take up a bunch of space.

Does it have a tilting table as well?

Jammy sod Phil, I'm very jealous. Nice one.

Mr Ed, Not to brag, but floor space is not a problem in my shed. The table rotates on the same axis that the the ram operates along. So I guess it tilts to the left and right?

Charles, It was closer to you than me..............But only by an hour. (each way..............) But anytime you want one of your close tolerance, micrometer adjustable telescopey bits mangled. Well I'm the man with the machine to do that!
Hopefully I can sort out a video of it in action soon. Its way cool.

Cheers Phil

Back