My new Model #8!!!

PCFree50

Registered
Registered
So this is my new toy! Haven't found the year yet as I just learned where to find the S/N.
63975695551--80699176-3F7F-4BBE-9465-ACF4F941A182.jpg

Anyonewant to share their knowledge of the machine? We have two at the plant where I work and have been told these are the "Bridgeport" of bandsaws. What this one does have over the ones where I work is an original motor that has a built-in speed gearbox.

That is one of the best bandsaws ever made, they date back to the 1920s and are still made with upgrades, I had one in my shop from the 1940s, they are great for straight cutting and miter joints, the saw frame tilting to either side to 45 degrees and there is generally a pan under them for coolant, the feed is variable from about zero to full tilt by a weighted friction device that uses corks for the friction against a cast iron disc, the drive for the saw blade is driven by a three step flat belt pulley from the motor to open bevel gears on the lower saw pulley, a timeless design; long live the marvel #8, and the later hydraulic driven #81. The #8 will cut up to about 18" Square sections, as I recall, great for cutting structural shapes.

Back